My Blog List

  • CLIMATE CRISIS REPORT - *We now have the clearest picture yet of how different the world is today as a result of human-driven climate change. The most comprehensive report to da...
    2 years ago
  • - *Hello Nee my old friend,* *It's been two years now since I last heard from you. I hope you are well and very happy. I know I became a burden to you wit...
    2 years ago
  • - *YOU are gone from my sight but never from my heart. Rather than mourn your absence, I will be grateful for the friendship that we shared for more than ...
    4 years ago
  • - [image: Image result for animated merry christmas images]
    4 years ago
  • Creamy Dill & Salmon - *Prep/Total Time: 30 min. Makes: 6 servings* *1 salmon fillet (about 2 pounds)* *2 teaspoons lemon-pepper seasoning* *1 teaspoon onion salt* *1 ...
    6 years ago

Thursday, March 29, 2012

Ask Maxy

Dear Maxy ,
Almost everyone uses profanity and derogatory words on my job . It is extremely sickening and I don't know what to do about it . Should I tell my colleages to toned it down ?
Annoyed
Dear Annoyed ,
I worked with a company for some time where almost all of the employees cursed loudly at different points during the day . Once I had to cut short call because of the volume of the voices around me , couple with my colleagues' foul language .
After I got off the phone , I interrupted the folks who were talking and asked if in the future they will tone it down . I explained that it was impossible for me to conduct professional business with all their expletives and loud voices peppering the background . They heard me and attempted to be quieter .
Can you get your folks to clean up their vocabularies completely ? Probably not . But by calling them on it , you can likely get them to hush up .
Maxy

Dear Maxy ,When I married the man of my dreams , I gained a teenage stepson who loves with us . My husband refused to communicate with his ex , so she would just show up to see her son . She lives in another country , so I thought I would befriend her and offer to let her stay with us when she visited .

My husband and I are working through some financial hardships right now . during his divorce , my ex gave his ex the business he created . She pays no child support . Now I see she visits Miami all the time , staying in luxury hotels , yet she won't spend a dime for her son's benefit .

I have to admit , I'm jealous and a bit annoyed that she has no financial obligation to her son , but expects him to bend over backwards whenever she calls or visits . Should I push the child support issue or just let it go since she isn't a frequent part of our lives ?

Stepmom

Dear Stepmom ,

How does your husband feel about it ? How would your stepson feel if your attempt to get child support caused his mother to stay away ? Consider all the repcussions , discuss it with your husband , and then let the final decision be his .

Maxy

Dear Maxy ,

My ex- boyfriend is getting married , and he sent me an invitation. I don't quite know what to think . We broke up only a year ago , after being together for a long time . I know he invited a number of our shared friends , so maybe that's why he invited me , but I don't feel comfortable going to his wedding .

I still have feeling for him ... both love and disappointment . I don't think I could stomach watching him walk down the aisle with someone else . What can I say to him ? I thought this door was closed , but he has reopened it in an odd way .

Weirded Out

Dear Weirded Out ,

You do not have to go . In fact , I do not recommend it . The people who should be attending weddings are those who love and support the couple ... both people ... as they are joined together in matrimony . Old flames and others should not be on the guest list . I need to quality that by saying that old UNRESOLVED flames should not be on the list .

Some exes genuinely are neutralized to friend status and are supportive of the new union . Not so in your case . All you need to do is send back the RSVP card expressing your regrets . Next , do your best not to ask for blow-to-blow from friends that attended . Instead , stay disconnected .

Maxy

4 comments:

  1. All good advice Maxy.Well done.
    You are getting very good at this advice stuff.
    I think from now on I should charge you for room and board.You are smart enough to get a paying job.

    Human mama

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh , Human Mama ... you are just to cute to think I will get a job for money . Who will you have to keep you company ?
    My Human Daddy makes money.
    My real job is to protect you from the coyotes and other undesirable vermins.
    Get me a snack ... I will be waiting on your bed [giggles] HURRY

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bossy little 'son of a gun'. Careful Maxy, I may invite the coyotes over for a cook-out. Guess what'll be on the menu (or who).
    Hahahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. if you do White Cat ... that damn witch will get you .
    I'm not fraid of the coyotes as long as you keep your rolling pin handy .
    [giggles] Hahaha [giggles]
    now take that and bring me some snacks on the double .
    Bring me a cut of tea , it will be a change from this water . Shake a leg human mama , I don't have all day .
    I am hot tonight .

    ReplyDelete

Through these open doors you are always welcome