My Blog List

  • CLIMATE CRISIS REPORT - *We now have the clearest picture yet of how different the world is today as a result of human-driven climate change. The most comprehensive report to da...
    2 years ago
  • - *Hello Nee my old friend,* *It's been two years now since I last heard from you. I hope you are well and very happy. I know I became a burden to you wit...
    2 years ago
  • - *YOU are gone from my sight but never from my heart. Rather than mourn your absence, I will be grateful for the friendship that we shared for more than ...
    4 years ago
  • - [image: Image result for animated merry christmas images]
    4 years ago
  • Creamy Dill & Salmon - *Prep/Total Time: 30 min. Makes: 6 servings* *1 salmon fillet (about 2 pounds)* *2 teaspoons lemon-pepper seasoning* *1 teaspoon onion salt* *1 ...
    6 years ago

Thursday, March 15, 2012

Ask Maxy


Dear Maxy,
My daughter-in-law says if food os on the floor for three seconds or less , it is OK for her four-year-old son to eat it .
At my house , I insist that he wash his hands before eating , and when I can , I clean his fingernails with a small brush and soap because his nails are always filthy . At his own home , however , he never washes his hands before meals . Should I say something ?
Concerned Grandma
Dear Grandma ,
Unless your grandson is frequently sick , say nothing . A lot of people follow the "three-second rule" about dropped food . It's not the healthiest thing to do , but we assume the floor is cleaned regularly and the food isn't covered in grime (or worse). Continue to teach your grandson appropriate hygiene in your home , and suggest to your son that he do the same . Beyond that, let it go .
Maxy
Dear Maxy ,
My assistant is very sweet and earnest in her efforts , but she has one significant shortcoming : She has no clue what is apporpriate to wear to business functions . She has attended several functions with me or on my behalf recently , and she has been an embarrassment . What I mean by this is that she is either been way to casual , even wearing sneakers to an after-five cocktail function , or she has gone overboard and worn something way too sexy that should be reserved for a date . I tried to give her a little advice on what to wear the last time , but it didn't get through.
How can I help her ? I won't be able to invite her anymore if she doesn't dress more apppriately . She could have a promising career .
Fashion-Conscious Boss
Dear Fashion-Conscious Boss,
I bet your assistant truly doesn't have a sense of what appopriate professional attire is .She needs a real education . Tell your assistance that it is essential she learn how to dress appopriately for the functions in which your company participates , or she will no longer be invited to attend . Assure her that you will help her learn what's appopriate.
You can go online to websites that present fashion . Type in "professional dress for women" and many ideas will pop up .
If your assistant balks at dressing more appopriately , make it clear that her workplace has wardrobe standards . Tell her that you want her to win at your company , so you recommend that she find her style within the cmpany's boundaries .
Maxy
Dear Maxy,
I am in a quandary , I asked my brother and his wife to buy a raffle ticket to benefit my grandchildren's youth athletic boosters . They agreed and promised to get the money to me the week before the drawing .
By the night of the drawing , they still had not paid for the ticket , so I paid for it myself . This ticket actually won the raffle . I asked the people in charge what to do , and they said the ticket was mine at the time of the drawing , so the winnings belong to me .
My brother showed up a week later with a check dated the night of the drawing . I told him the raffle was over , but he would not take his check back . I didn't tell him the ticket won . What should I do ?
Want To Do The Right Thing
Dear Want ,
Technically , the ticket belonged to you at the time of the drawing . However , it is obviously still a source of anxiety , so I suggest a compromise . You purchased this ticket for your brother and was holding it for him . He provided a check in good faith , albeit late . Unless there are legal repercussions , I think you should give him the winning or at least offer to split them .
You'll feel better .
Maxy

7 comments:

  1. That was pretty good advice Maxy. You are getting quite good at this. I will give you a raise of two milkbones and an extra ten minutes outside each day.
    Thank goodness you work cheap
    ....human Mama.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thankyou , thankyou .
    Did you know that I am a pro now ... I got a PHD ...
    Tell that White Cat to stop taking my treats or I will run her up a tree .

    ReplyDelete
  3. Watch out for that white cat Maxy. Ever notice her hat?? She wears that for a reason. She's a bad ass witch. I would stay on her good side if I were you or she might change your ass into a mouse and have you for lunch....I'm just saying...HM

    ReplyDelete
  4. Giggles ...oh Human Mama ... you are just to funny .
    White cat is very powerful ... that I know .
    It's said I am her son , I have a pointed hat ,
    That means I'm a Warlock , how do you think that my bones magically get on your bed ... or I know when you want to give me a bath .
    Think about that for a moment ... HA !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Warlock..Shmorlock....Whatever,
    Stay off my bed and don't hide when it's bath time.
    Witchy's son, eh? I always thought you were a little B*****d. Who's your daddy,huh??
    HM

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hide all I want to , you can't catch me , I can disaapear .

    How in hell do I know who my daddy is ... I was a little tadpole trying to beat the others there so I could get in ... see I made it .
    B*****d or not I made it and you love me .
    Now get me a small wine ,

    ReplyDelete

Through these open doors you are always welcome