My Blog List

  • CLIMATE CRISIS REPORT - *We now have the clearest picture yet of how different the world is today as a result of human-driven climate change. The most comprehensive report to da...
    2 years ago
  • - *Hello Nee my old friend,* *It's been two years now since I last heard from you. I hope you are well and very happy. I know I became a burden to you wit...
    2 years ago
  • - *YOU are gone from my sight but never from my heart. Rather than mourn your absence, I will be grateful for the friendship that we shared for more than ...
    4 years ago
  • - [image: Image result for animated merry christmas images]
    4 years ago
  • Creamy Dill & Salmon - *Prep/Total Time: 30 min. Makes: 6 servings* *1 salmon fillet (about 2 pounds)* *2 teaspoons lemon-pepper seasoning* *1 teaspoon onion salt* *1 ...
    6 years ago

Thursday, May 10, 2012

Old Fashioned Hot Water Cornbread

2 cups yellow cornmeal

1/2 cup all purpose flour

1-1 1/2 teaspoon salt

2 cups water, boiling

1-2 cups vegetable oil

1-2 tablespoons bacon grease (optional)


Heat enough oil in a large iron skillet or heavy bottom skillet on high heat. (Oil needs to come half way up the side of the skillet.) In a medium bowl, mix together cornmeal , flour and salt. Stir in enough boiling hot water that the cornmeal mixture comes together enough to spoon (not too thick and not too thin, kinda like creamy mashed potatoes) As soon as the oil in the skillet is hot, but not smoking, spoon hot cornmeal mixture in the hot oil. Fry each in hot oil, turning once, until crisp and golden brown, about 5 minutes. Drain on paper towels.


Note: The Hot Water Cornmeal will be really tender, if you try not to handle the cornmeal mixture with your hand so much.

4 comments:

  1. Thankyou for the recipe PIC. I can't wait to try it. I bet Brian will like it too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you enoy it .
    My folks like to eat it with greans / peas/ beand and fish .
    They also it it with butter jam or with nothing ...

    You don't have to put as much flour .

    Let me know if there is another one ... you are very welcome .

    PIC

    ReplyDelete
  3. i think its a recipe that everyone try this at home because it is much easier to make and healthful, delicious and yummy recipe. there is something missing in this recipe and I have the solutions and i have different types of corn recipes For further details...

    ReplyDelete

Through these open doors you are always welcome