My Blog List

  • CLIMATE CRISIS REPORT - *We now have the clearest picture yet of how different the world is today as a result of human-driven climate change. The most comprehensive report to da...
    2 years ago
  • - *Hello Nee my old friend,* *It's been two years now since I last heard from you. I hope you are well and very happy. I know I became a burden to you wit...
    2 years ago
  • - *YOU are gone from my sight but never from my heart. Rather than mourn your absence, I will be grateful for the friendship that we shared for more than ...
    4 years ago
  • - [image: Image result for animated merry christmas images]
    4 years ago
  • Creamy Dill & Salmon - *Prep/Total Time: 30 min. Makes: 6 servings* *1 salmon fillet (about 2 pounds)* *2 teaspoons lemon-pepper seasoning* *1 teaspoon onion salt* *1 ...
    6 years ago

Thursday, May 3, 2012

Ask Maxy

Dear Maxy ,
After 20 years , I have recently rekindled a love I didn't know was even there .
I recently found and started speaking to an ex-boyfriend over Facebook . We had been talking on and off once in awhile , then recently in an discussion , we realized we both still felt strongly about each other .
I'm happy about that , but the only issue is that he is in the process of going through a really bad divorce . I partially feel like I am either becoming the rebound woman , or the woman who has somehow fueled him not to rekindle his relationship . Should I continue forward with my feeling , or should I give him and his relationship space to clear up ?
Boundaries
Dear Bounderies ,
Tell him you care about him and don't want to be in the middle of his divorce . Suggest that you step back until he handles his business . Then do so . If you two are meant to be together , a pause or whatever length should not be too long .
Maxy
***********************************************************************************
Dear Maxy ,
I posted photos of my son's class performance on Facebook and was so proud of them . That is , until one mom called me and chastised me for posting a picture that included her child without her permission . She asked me to take the picture down at once . I did , but I don't see what the big deal is . Do you ?
Proud Mom
Dear Proud Mom ,
In this Internet age , it can be tricky figuring out where your rights began and end . But that mom was rght . Children's rights are protec ted under the law .
The Children's Online Privacy Protection Act states that any identifable information about a child under the age 13 that is posted on the Internet must be posted by the parent or by a person who has obtained VERIFIABLE CONSENT from the parent . . Website opertators are held legally accountable for verifying that publications made by anyone other than the legal parent or guardian have the consent of the parent .
That said , countless people post images of their children and others without issue . My recommendation for the future is to do your best to photograph your child seperately so that you can post safely . Otherwise , ask parents for permission (in writing) before you post images on the Internet.
Maxy
*******************************************************************************
Dear Maxy ,
Our daughter is 42-years-old and divorced . For the past two years , she has been seeing 'Matt.' We accepted him and welcome him at our numerous family gathering .
Several weeks ago , our daughter drank too much at a party and ended up in bed with another man . Needless to say , Matt became quite angry . He went on a rampage . He threw bricks through her car windows , punched her in the eye and showed up at our doorstep to cuss her out . He also confronted her kids .
We strongly advised her to end the relationship . But after Matt cooled down , he apologize , went for court -ordered counseling and now attends AA. So our daughter has started seeing him again .
We totally disaprove of this relationship , but she has asked us to accept this guy again and welcome him to our family gatherings . We don't want him near us . It sounds like Matt is trying to do the right thing , but we can't forget what happened . We worry about her constantly when she is with him , in case he loses his temper again . How should we handle this ?
Concerned
Dear Concerned ,
Yoy don't have to approve of Matt in order to have a relationship with your daughter , and it is important that you welcome Matt into your home , but please arrange to meet your daughter in other locations . If Matt abuses her again , she will need to know you are available .
Please urge your daughter to contact the ... National Domestic Vioence Hotline (http://thehotline.org) for more information and to give Matt time to prove himself before she becomes too entangled . Her life may depend on it .
Maxy

5 comments:

  1. Very good advice Maxy.
    I think all the letters were well answered. And I am glad you gave the hotline website to that lady.

    Domestic violence has to be dealt with even though people would rather not talk about it.

    Two cookies and a bone for you my friend and you can invite that white cat for dinner if she promises to behave.

    Human Mama

    ReplyDelete
  2. HeHe ...
    Human Mama , thankyou ...
    I try so very hard to get the messages out there about any knid of abuse ... it's so many different types.

    Thank you for the extra snacks , I need a couple more .

    White Cat is visiting ... sorry I didn't tell you ... White Cat was with me under the computer desk ... we thought you would never leave , I did get a chance to poke her .

    Her Human Mama flew in on that damn broom and took her home Hahaha. LOVE YOU .

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAHAHAHA! She must have got that broom tuned up to go this distance.

    Well a guy's gotta do what a guy's gotta do,I guess...so poke her any chance you get. But remember cats are very fickle so don't trust her any farther than you can throw her.

    HM

    ReplyDelete
  4. Human Mama
    Can we get married ....White Cat / me hahahaha... she will stay with the witch and I will stay with the Genie and we will visit when we are feeling horny ...hahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  5. I bet she's very high maintenance Maxy. Better start saving some bones to buy a ring...and congratulations

    ReplyDelete

Through these open doors you are always welcome