My Blog List

  • CLIMATE CRISIS REPORT - *We now have the clearest picture yet of how different the world is today as a result of human-driven climate change. The most comprehensive report to da...
    2 years ago
  • - *Hello Nee my old friend,* *It's been two years now since I last heard from you. I hope you are well and very happy. I know I became a burden to you wit...
    2 years ago
  • - *YOU are gone from my sight but never from my heart. Rather than mourn your absence, I will be grateful for the friendship that we shared for more than ...
    4 years ago
  • - [image: Image result for animated merry christmas images]
    4 years ago
  • Creamy Dill & Salmon - *Prep/Total Time: 30 min. Makes: 6 servings* *1 salmon fillet (about 2 pounds)* *2 teaspoons lemon-pepper seasoning* *1 teaspoon onion salt* *1 ...
    6 years ago

Friday, May 11, 2012

Italian Coconut Cream Cake


1/2 cup Crisco (shortening)

1 stick oleo (I use 1/2 cup butter)

2 cups sugar

2 cups flour

5 egg yokes (beaten)

1 teaspoon vanilla

1 teaspoon soda

1 cup buttermilk

1 14 oz. pkg. coconut (I use 2 cups)

1 cup chopped pecans (I leave these out)

5 egg whites (beaten stiff)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Butter three 9-inch round cake pans and dust with flour; set aside. In the bowl of an electric mixer using a paddle attachment, cream shortening, butter, and sugar until fluffy (about 5 minutes). Add vanilla and egg yokes beating after each. In a medium bowl whisk together flour and soda. Add to creamy mixture alternating with buttermilk and beat until smooth (about a 1-2 minutes). Fold in coconut and egg whites. Spread equal amount of batter in prepared pans. Bake for 30 minutes or until cake is done. Remove from oven and let set for 5 minutes before removing them from pans. Cool completely and frost with icing recipe below.
Cream Cheese Icing


2 pkg. cream cheese (softened)

1/2 stick ole (I used 1/2 cup butter)

2 lbs. powered sugar

1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla

3 tablespoons half and half

1 cup coconut

1 cup pecans

In the bowl of an electric mixer using the whisk attachment, cream cream cheese, butter, until smooth. Add powdered sugar a cup at a time until all is incorporated and creamy smooth. If too stiff, add a tablespoon of half and half if needed.

Your family will love you ... holidays ... special days ... anyday ... just plain good .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Through these open doors you are always welcome