My Blog List

  • CLIMATE CRISIS REPORT - *We now have the clearest picture yet of how different the world is today as a result of human-driven climate change. The most comprehensive report to da...
    2 years ago
  • - *Hello Nee my old friend,* *It's been two years now since I last heard from you. I hope you are well and very happy. I know I became a burden to you wit...
    2 years ago
  • - *YOU are gone from my sight but never from my heart. Rather than mourn your absence, I will be grateful for the friendship that we shared for more than ...
    4 years ago
  • - [image: Image result for animated merry christmas images]
    4 years ago
  • Creamy Dill & Salmon - *Prep/Total Time: 30 min. Makes: 6 servings* *1 salmon fillet (about 2 pounds)* *2 teaspoons lemon-pepper seasoning* *1 teaspoon onion salt* *1 ...
    6 years ago

Friday, October 26, 2012

Tube Sock Snowman

Tube Sock Snowman

imageSupplies
  • Tube Sock with red border
  • Uncooked rice (approx. 2 cups)
  • String
  • 2 plastic baggies
  • Small green pompoms
  • Extra small brown pompoms
  • Small brown pompom
  • Googly eyes
  • Red yarn
  • Glue gun
Instructions
  1. Fill a plastic baggie with 1 cup rice. (this should fill 2/3 of sock
  2. You may need more or less depending on the size of the sock)
  3. Tie the top of baggie with twist tie
  4. Put bag inside tube sock
  5. Tie tightly with string
  6. Repeat above using 1/2 cup of rice (more or less)
  7. Tie tightly with string.
  8. Fold over the ribbed part of the sock to make the snowman's hat.
  9. Cut 3 strands of yarn and tie around the snowman's neck
  10. Glue on green buttons, brown mouth and nose
  11. Glue on eyes
  12. Make a tassel on the top of the hat with yarn, glue

2 comments:

  1. Ms. Jeannie
    The tube sock snowman is going to be a hit with the other Christmas ornaments .
    Mrs. Carano is out of town , I will surprise her with some when she return home . I called Eloise to ask if she know when she will return,she said they was leaving Seattle Saturday 11:30am and has a stopover in Dallas .
    Ms. Jeannie , I will make one change, I will use packing pellets instead of rice .I get a lot of them in the shipments I recieve in my orders and they don't cost anything .
    I will also buy socks in different sizes .
    Ms. Jeannie you have great ideas , thank you .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Della
    The pellets are a much better idea and will survive over time much better. And the best thing is that they are free and you are recycling ...Hahaha. I love that.
    I like that you are using different size socks also. It's good to give folks a choice.
    You are a marvel Della...Jeannie

    ReplyDelete

Through these open doors you are always welcome