My Blog List

  • CLIMATE CRISIS REPORT - *We now have the clearest picture yet of how different the world is today as a result of human-driven climate change. The most comprehensive report to da...
    2 years ago
  • - *Hello Nee my old friend,* *It's been two years now since I last heard from you. I hope you are well and very happy. I know I became a burden to you wit...
    2 years ago
  • - *YOU are gone from my sight but never from my heart. Rather than mourn your absence, I will be grateful for the friendship that we shared for more than ...
    4 years ago
  • - [image: Image result for animated merry christmas images]
    4 years ago
  • Creamy Dill & Salmon - *Prep/Total Time: 30 min. Makes: 6 servings* *1 salmon fillet (about 2 pounds)* *2 teaspoons lemon-pepper seasoning* *1 teaspoon onion salt* *1 ...
    6 years ago

Monday, October 8, 2012

Rosette Christmas Decoration





I've got a little treat for you today... a felt pomander!  I've used felted wool sweater scraps, but I think it would also look great made from felt . Great for ornaments and holiday decor! Cute. Plus easy.

Get a two inch styrofoam ball. Push a needle with doubled wool throught the ball and secure with button at the bottom, leaving a fairly long strand of doubled wool to use as a hanger.

Make rosettes out of felt or felted wool from old sweaters.

Secure rosettes to the ball with hot glue and add colored pearl headed pins or a pin through a bead.

How to Make the Rosettes

Cut out the circles. Then cut the circles into spirals. As I have been making these I've noticed that slightly uneven circles and spirals make more interesting roses.

                  
You can draw your spiral first if you don't trust your cutting skills


Start at the outside end and roll together the felt, keeping the bottom (the dotted line) as even and flat as possible.


Sometimes the very center of the spiral ends out sticking out. Cut this piece off so that the bottom is completely flat. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Through these open doors you are always welcome