My Blog List

  • CLIMATE CRISIS REPORT - *We now have the clearest picture yet of how different the world is today as a result of human-driven climate change. The most comprehensive report to da...
    2 years ago
  • - *Hello Nee my old friend,* *It's been two years now since I last heard from you. I hope you are well and very happy. I know I became a burden to you wit...
    2 years ago
  • - *YOU are gone from my sight but never from my heart. Rather than mourn your absence, I will be grateful for the friendship that we shared for more than ...
    4 years ago
  • - [image: Image result for animated merry christmas images]
    4 years ago
  • Creamy Dill & Salmon - *Prep/Total Time: 30 min. Makes: 6 servings* *1 salmon fillet (about 2 pounds)* *2 teaspoons lemon-pepper seasoning* *1 teaspoon onion salt* *1 ...
    6 years ago

Thursday, October 18, 2012

For People who love PB




Peanut Butter Smoothies
Ingredients
1/2 cup low fat milk
1/2 cup vanilla fat free yogurt 2 tablespoons ground golden flaxseed
1 tablespoon creamy peanut butter
1 teaspoon honey
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 ripe banana sliced
Directions:
2. Place all ingredients in a blender, process until smooth.

I am obsessed with peanut butter. To say I love it would be an understatement. I consider it a food group, a snack, a side dish, even a perfectly acceptable (and delicious) meal at times. Unfortunately, although it's packed with protein and good fats, peanut butter is also high in calories and eating too much of it (what, half a jar in one sitting is too much?) will definitely cause you to gain weight, especially if, like me, you happen to love it on thick toasted slices of white bread or stirred up in chocolate ice cream. So I'm always on the hunt for healthy ways to include peanut butter on my diet.
Oatmeal peanut butter cookies qualify for healthy snacks

Oatmeal Peanut Butter Cookies

 
 
 
 Ingredients










Directions
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
  2. In a large bowl, cream together shortening, margarine, brown sugar, white sugar, and peanut butter until smooth. Beat in the eggs one at a time until well blended. Combine the flour, baking soda, and salt; stir into the creamed mixture. Mix in the oats until just combined. Drop by teaspoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets.
  3. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes in the preheated oven, or until just light brown. Don't over-bake. Cool and store in an airtight container.
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Through these open doors you are always welcome