My Blog List

  • CLIMATE CRISIS REPORT - *We now have the clearest picture yet of how different the world is today as a result of human-driven climate change. The most comprehensive report to da...
    2 years ago
  • - *Hello Nee my old friend,* *It's been two years now since I last heard from you. I hope you are well and very happy. I know I became a burden to you wit...
    2 years ago
  • - *YOU are gone from my sight but never from my heart. Rather than mourn your absence, I will be grateful for the friendship that we shared for more than ...
    4 years ago
  • - [image: Image result for animated merry christmas images]
    4 years ago
  • Creamy Dill & Salmon - *Prep/Total Time: 30 min. Makes: 6 servings* *1 salmon fillet (about 2 pounds)* *2 teaspoons lemon-pepper seasoning* *1 teaspoon onion salt* *1 ...
    6 years ago

Thursday, October 4, 2012

Ask Maxy

 
 
Dear Maxy,
My husband is upset with me  because I haven't accepted his  request on Facebook . What's the big deal ? I married the man  , and we are  friends in real life  . I have nothing to hide from him . I just don't want to be his friend on Facebook . I don't want to have a cyber-relationship  with him . I want to have a real relationship  with him . I don't use Facebook that much anyway  . Am I in the wrong  for not accepting  his request ?
Wife
 
Dear Wife ,
Not accepting  your husband's Facebook request  when you have accepted requests  from other people sends a negative message to  him . It says that you do not welcome him into  a particular  part of your life  . While you may  not think  there is anything wrong  with that , it makes sense he would  . His perspective  is that likely  that if you welcome  others , why not him ?
His  perspective  is valid . This  doesn't mean  that your husband should  be involved  in every aspect of your life  . For example  , he probably  wouldn't  expect to listen  in while you are talking  on the phone  with your girfriends  . He probably  doesn't want  to go with you to the  beauty salon . But Facebook is a different  matter . It is a public forum  where people  go to connect  with one another .
If you have nothing to hide  , prove it by exccepting  your husband's Facebook request . Tell him you treasure  the one-on-one interaction  that you and he share  and that you don't want  to have a cyber-relationship  . He can enter your Facebook space  , but make it clear to him  that you don't intend  to develop  a relationship with him there .
Maxy
 
Dear Maxy , I have a unique style  . I wear my hair  kind of funky  , and it's partly dyed pink . I also wear  crazy colors  on nail polish  . It shows my fun side  , I think .
Usually  it's no big deal  , but recently I have had a problem . I  have been interviewing  for a part-time job  that can help tide me over  while I'm finishing school . I'm beginng to think  that my style  is getting in my way . When I have gone  to a few  interviews  , the people  have been  corfial  but totally oninterested .
I love my style  , but I also need a job . How can I have both ?
Unemployed Cutie
 
Dear Unemployed Cutie ,
Whether or not it should  , the way you choose  to look makes a difference . The good news  is that  there are all kinds  of jobs  out there .
Chances are you can find a place to work  that will embrace  your style , such as in the art  world  , in certain hospitality areas  and in telephone marketing .
Maxy
 
Dear Maxy ,
My boyfriend  of seven  months  recently ended things suddenly . "Ethan" is Mormon , and I'm Lutheran . We were  planning a future together . Ethan claims he wants to go on a mission  and cannot prepare  to do God's work  while having a girlfriend . He said we could still be friends .
But here's the thing  . He started hanging out with "Susan"  the same month  he broke up with me  . He told me  she was a new "friend" and also Moron . He denied  there was anything between them  . I am having trouble moving on  because I don't feel  Ethan is telling me the truth . He's already ripped out my heart  . The least  he can do is be honest .
Right now , he barely acts like an acquaintance  , let alone a friend . What should I do ?
Confused
 
Dear  Confused ,
While Ethan is undoubtedly being honest  about his upcoming  missionary trip , I think he is being less so about the breakup  . At least part  of that has to do with your religious  differences  and his new interest in Susan . This is surely what you already suspect . I wish Ethan had the courage  to come clean , but don't count on it  . Accept  that your relationship has run its course  . Regardless of his next move  , yours  should be to put him behind you .
Maxy


No comments:

Post a Comment

Through these open doors you are always welcome