My Blog List

  • - * It's been five years since I have heard from you my friend. You are often on my mind and always in my heart. Wherever you are, I hope you are safe, hea...
    1 week ago
  • CLIMATE CRISIS REPORT - *We now have the clearest picture yet of how different the world is today as a result of human-driven climate change. The most comprehensive report to da...
    2 years ago
  • - *Hello Nee my old friend,* *It's been two years now since I last heard from you. I hope you are well and very happy. I know I became a burden to you wit...
    2 years ago
  • - [image: Image result for animated merry christmas images]
    4 years ago
  • Creamy Dill & Salmon - *Prep/Total Time: 30 min. Makes: 6 servings* *1 salmon fillet (about 2 pounds)* *2 teaspoons lemon-pepper seasoning* *1 teaspoon onion salt* *1 ...
    6 years ago

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Brown Bean and Lentil Chili

Ingredients:

    3/4 cup dry lentil beans
    1 tblsp Taco Seasoning
    1 tsp Chili Powder
    1 tsp Ground Cumin
    1 3/4 cup rinsed Red Kidney Beans
    1 1/2 cup rinced Black beans
    3/4 cup Low sodium Tomato sauce
    1 3/4 cup diced tomatoes
    1/2 large onion diced
    1 bell pepper diced ( I use part of a few different colors)
    2 tsp Exta Virgin Olive Oil
    3 Cloves Garlic
    2 cups corn & black bean mild salsa
Directions:
chop onions, bell peppers, and garlic. Sautee in olive oil.
In separate pan place lentils with amount of water that the package says is needed for cooking (mine was 4 cups). Put Sauteed veggies and the rest of the ingredients into pan bring to a boil then put heat to a low simmer for 40-60 min. (depending on desired thickness)


**Rinse black and red beans prior to placing in pot


Makes about 12 cups, one cup per serving


Number of Servings: 12

1 comment:

  1. My family love brown beans and chilli , sometime I use white northern beans...with some rice on the side, yummmmmmmm

    ReplyDelete

Through these open doors you are always welcome