My Blog List

  • CLIMATE CRISIS REPORT - *We now have the clearest picture yet of how different the world is today as a result of human-driven climate change. The most comprehensive report to da...
    2 years ago
  • - *Hello Nee my old friend,* *It's been two years now since I last heard from you. I hope you are well and very happy. I know I became a burden to you wit...
    2 years ago
  • - *YOU are gone from my sight but never from my heart. Rather than mourn your absence, I will be grateful for the friendship that we shared for more than ...
    4 years ago
  • - [image: Image result for animated merry christmas images]
    4 years ago
  • Creamy Dill & Salmon - *Prep/Total Time: 30 min. Makes: 6 servings* *1 salmon fillet (about 2 pounds)* *2 teaspoons lemon-pepper seasoning* *1 teaspoon onion salt* *1 ...
    6 years ago

Monday, April 25, 2011

Brie en Croute

1/2 of a 17.3 -ounce pkg . Pepperidge Farm* Puff Pastry ( 1 sheet)
1 egg
1 Tbsp . water
1/2 cup dried cherries ,softened
1/2 cup chopped toasted pecans
1/4 cup honey
1/2 tsp. chopped fresh rosemary leaves
1 (3.2 ounces) Brie cheese round

Directions
Thaw pastry sheet at room temperature  , 40 minutes, or until it's easy to handle.
Heat oven to 400*F . Beat egg and water in a small bowl.
Unfold the pastry sheet on lightly floured surface . roll sheet  into a 14 in. square. Stir cherries , pecans , honey and rosemary in bowl .Spread cherry mixture on the  center of the square . Top with cheese .
Brush edges of pastry with egg mixture  . Fold two opposite sides over cheese .Trim remaining two sides of square to 2 inches from edge of cheese . Fold sides up onto  cheese and press sides to seal.
Place seam side down onto baking sheet . Decorate top with pastry scraps or additional rosemary if desired , brush with egg mixture .

Bake for 20 --25 minutes , or until pastry is deep golden brown , let stand for 45 minutes.
Hint : Soften cherries  in half cup hot water . Let stand for  1 minute . Drain and pat dry.
It's heart healthy ... I have to make it at least once a week for my father-in-law .

2 comments:

Through these open doors you are always welcome