My Blog List

  • CLIMATE CRISIS REPORT - *We now have the clearest picture yet of how different the world is today as a result of human-driven climate change. The most comprehensive report to da...
    2 years ago
  • - *Hello Nee my old friend,* *It's been two years now since I last heard from you. I hope you are well and very happy. I know I became a burden to you wit...
    2 years ago
  • - *YOU are gone from my sight but never from my heart. Rather than mourn your absence, I will be grateful for the friendship that we shared for more than ...
    4 years ago
  • - [image: Image result for animated merry christmas images]
    4 years ago
  • Creamy Dill & Salmon - *Prep/Total Time: 30 min. Makes: 6 servings* *1 salmon fillet (about 2 pounds)* *2 teaspoons lemon-pepper seasoning* *1 teaspoon onion salt* *1 ...
    6 years ago

Thursday, April 21, 2011

Ask Maxy

Dear Maxy ,
We have a dear friend we would never want to hurt , but she is almost unbearable  to be around  because she talks non-stop . A person can hardly get a word in edgewise . When she does stop to talk a breath  and I interject something, she rolls right over me  as if nothing was said .
I hate to talk to her on the phone  because I cannot dis-engage . It would be difficult to avoid her . She recently had a bout with depression , which we suspect was triggered by a friend broaching this subject.
Carla

Dear Carla ,
A common reason for someone to become a chatterbox is hearing loss . Your friend may be speaking over you  and talking non-stop because she is trying to hide the fact that she cannot hear the other side of the conversation . If you can bring this up (perhaps by claiming you are suffering from the same problem) suggest she talk to her doctor about it . Until then , you can dis-engage by saying , "Sorry I have to run . I'll talk to you later."
Maxy

Dear Maxy,
My sister is almot 50-year-old  and still picks her nose in public . When I am with her , it is very embarrassing . She uses a tissue , but nontheless shoves her fingers up her nose . It is not subtle .
I've told her to stop doing this and to blow her nose like a normal person, but she doesn't listen . I know she often is alienated from co-workers  and I suspect this bad habit may be causing her to miss job-related opportunities . How can I get her to listen ?
Picky's Sister

Dear Picky's Sister,
Constant nose picking can be an obsessive-compulsive disorder triggered by stress . Or it could be that her nose itches  a lot . But some habits are so ingrained , they are done unconsciously . In order for your sister to stop sticking her fingers up her nose , she will have to be aware that she's doing it  and wants to stop .
Maxy

Dear Maxy ,
My friend is a nice woman who did a bad thing  . She started dating a mutual friend , who was married . She didn't sneak around or anything  . She just seemingly sidled up to him , and after awhile , he was hooked . I am so mad at her . She knew he was married , and it didn't seem to make a bit of a difference . I don't think I can be her friend anymore  . But that's awkward because I'm close to him and don't want to end that friendship . What should I do ?
Linda

Dear Linda ,
First , I have to tell you that it takes two to be involved in an affair . I wonder if you realize what you just said. You are mad at your female friend  to the point of ending that friendship , but you still want to be friends with the man . Do you realize that both of them is at fault ? If you are thinking  of eliminating a friend  from your life because of immoral behavior, it seems to me  that both have to go .
Your view of this situation seems hypocritical . It's not  OK for  either person to participate in infidelity.
Maxy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Through these open doors you are always welcome