- 1/2 pound of butter
- 3 cups of sugar.
- Gradually add 6 eggs
- 1/2 pint of sour cream
- sifted mixture of 3 cups of all-purpose flour and
- 1/4 teaspoon of baking soda.
- Mix in 1 3-ounce box of instant lemon pudding mix
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of vanilla,
- 1 teaspoon of lemon extract,
- the juice of 1 lemon
- the zest of 2 lemons.
For added luxury make a nice lemon frosting:
- 1 cup of salted butter
- 4 cups of icing sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons cream
- Whip your butter with the paddle attachment if you have one, or just a general beater with your mixer.
- Add in your icing sugar, one cup at a time, beating continously. Now the 2 tablespoons lemon zest . Zested peel should not be done on a regular grater, by the way, you need a smaller size, a zester grater, in fact. So you won't get big lumps.
- The 3 tablespoons of lemon juice was just perfect, with a sweet background of pure sugar and butter. Then add the 2 teaspoons of cream to thin it out.
Another very moist lemon cake recipe requires:
- 2 1/2 cups of flour
- 1 1/2 cups of sugar
- 3 eggs
- 3 teaspoons of baking powder
- 3 teaspoons of lemon extract.
- 1 cup of orange juice or apricot nectar
- 1 cup of vegetable oil.
- 1 cup of fresh lemon juice and
- 1 pound of confectioners' sugar.
My family liked the first one better but we love all lemon desserts from cakes to tarts.