My Blog List

  • CLIMATE CRISIS REPORT - *We now have the clearest picture yet of how different the world is today as a result of human-driven climate change. The most comprehensive report to da...
    2 years ago
  • - *Hello Nee my old friend,* *It's been two years now since I last heard from you. I hope you are well and very happy. I know I became a burden to you wit...
    2 years ago
  • - *YOU are gone from my sight but never from my heart. Rather than mourn your absence, I will be grateful for the friendship that we shared for more than ...
    4 years ago
  • - [image: Image result for animated merry christmas images]
    4 years ago
  • Creamy Dill & Salmon - *Prep/Total Time: 30 min. Makes: 6 servings* *1 salmon fillet (about 2 pounds)* *2 teaspoons lemon-pepper seasoning* *1 teaspoon onion salt* *1 ...
    6 years ago

Thursday, January 21, 2016

This creepy chart shows you when and how you’re most likely to die


Nathan Yau

You may want to sit down for this.
Statistician Nathan Yau has created a disturbing interactive chart that visualizes when and how you will most likely kick the bucket based on your sex, race and age.
Each dot on the chart represents a different probability of your life and the stats on the right tell you the likelihood of a particular cause of death as you grow older.
To create the chart, Yau combed through the CDC’s Underlying Cause of Death database and compiled data on deaths in the United States between 1999 and 2014. The data, which is based on death certificates, is categorized into 20 depressing causes including cancer, circulatory, respiratory, infection, endocrine and more.
At my current age, my odds are pretty great. There’s a one per cent chance I’ve already died of either infection, respiratory or external causes but seeing as I’m here typing this out at my desk, I think I’m good.


Things start to change pretty quickly once I hit 80, with circulatory issues overtaking cancer, a noteworthy trend that occurs across demographic groups.
If you’re feeling morbid curious, try it out for yourself here. Simply select your gender and race, toggle the slider to represent your current age and watch the simulation reveal your horrifying fate.
Good luck.
January 20, 2016
Thanx Yahoo


2 comments:

  1. Creepy is so right ...I don't want to know when I will die , I met people who had heart attacks/ cancer/kidney transplants/ diabetes/ some worst than others , some are still here and some are dead , it has nothing to do with age .
    I have had so many family / friends die in this war and some died from a broken heart . Some may take the test and it say they die next week or tomorrow , then they kneel over dead right then . Your heart won't take it . As you know I am diabetic and healthier than some people that don't have any type of illness . It depends a lot of different things and also your family genes that run in your family .
    Good post
    Love PIC

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you PIC. I don't want to know when I will die but a surprising number of people want to know. Go figure. I doubt that this thing is accurate and certainly not precise. Every person's makeup is so individual. But in a spooky way, it is interesting. And it is a trend that will develop more in the future as a medical tool to prevent death.
    We just report 'em. We don't have to like 'em.
    But I do like you
    Stay healthy
    Luv PIC

    ReplyDelete

Through these open doors you are always welcome