My Blog List

  • CLIMATE CRISIS REPORT - *We now have the clearest picture yet of how different the world is today as a result of human-driven climate change. The most comprehensive report to da...
    2 years ago
  • - *Hello Nee my old friend,* *It's been two years now since I last heard from you. I hope you are well and very happy. I know I became a burden to you wit...
    2 years ago
  • - *YOU are gone from my sight but never from my heart. Rather than mourn your absence, I will be grateful for the friendship that we shared for more than ...
    4 years ago
  • - [image: Image result for animated merry christmas images]
    4 years ago
  • Creamy Dill & Salmon - *Prep/Total Time: 30 min. Makes: 6 servings* *1 salmon fillet (about 2 pounds)* *2 teaspoons lemon-pepper seasoning* *1 teaspoon onion salt* *1 ...
    6 years ago

Saturday, January 23, 2016

Mom Empowers Thousands Of Women to Share Pictures Of ‘Flawed’ Bodies

Constance Hall

Constance Hall is becoming quite the influential feminist warrior. Her hilariously unfettered blog on ‘parent sex’ went viral earlier this month opening up a dialogue on a subject often considered taboo.
Constance is on a heartfelt quest to promote a realistic view of motherhood and modern-day femininity through social media. Reaching out by sharing her own “mammoth fails and micro victories” she’s been galvanizing women across the world, letting them know it’s okay to be an ‘imperfect’ mother, wife, woman. 
Tackling self-worth issues Constance took to Facebook this week posting a candid picture of herself in her underwear, “She’s flawed, she swears, she eats the cake,” wrote the mom-of-four.  
She then went on to encourage other women to stamp body shame underfoot and do the same. “I nominate you, all of you, to take a picture of yourselves, a picture that society has deemed you unfit for because you’re too old, or skinny, or fat, or you’ve had too many kids, or you’re not confident enough, or for whatever reason you have been made to feel like you don’t deserve to love your body or yourself.”
The post received almost 45,000 likes and almost 4,500 shares. Empowered by Constance’s honesty, thousands of women spoke up about their body issues, sharing pictures of themselves in their undies using the hashtag #likeaqueen.
“We need more of you and less Photoshop!!! Be real, be beautiful. #likeaqueen”


Whitney Reed

“I will never be embarrassed at the fact my belly looks like an 80 year olds and I’m 31! My belly has housed 3 children. Be proud of your body!!! #likeaqueen”
Hayley Thomas

“Me and my gorgeous sister in law #we #are #queens.” 
Emma Kada

“#likeaqueen I have a two and a half year old and an 8 week old And have been feeling super self conscious about my body but thanks to you I managed to get this photo with a smile even!” 
Waikeri Snowden


“I hated my stretch marks and once tried to edit this photo so they weren’t there- now that my little boy is here I couldn’t give a crap what my stomach looks like! It was what kept my son safe and warm and I couldn’t be prouder of my mummy stripes!! #likeaqueen”
Danielle Hopkins

“My body has gone through a lot to bring my beautiful son into this world ❤ thank you Constance for looking past what we see as flaws and encouraging us to be empowered and love ourselves you are a beautiful human. #likeaqueen”
Kayla Blanchard

“It took me ages to work up the courage to share a pic of me in my AWESOME new bathers, but a few days ago I took the leap after deciding I didn’t care what others think. #likeaqueen” 
Sarah Scott

“Stretch marks, flabby bits and all. Proud of what my body can do: create small humans! #likeaqueen” 
Nadine Mahomet

“3 kids later! #likeaqueen” 
Ema Logan

“#likeaqueen Never lost my pregnancy belly after having my two children; people I don’t know still ask if I’m pregnant but I don’t care, my boys are worth it!!” 
Amy Briggs

Constance shared her delight at the popularity of her self-styled #likeaqueen campaign in a follow up post on Facebook: “I can’t even say how grateful I am for this club of feminine love. I just want to invite you all over for drinks.”
She also thanked her husband Billy, who has been working tirelessly to run the house and look after the kids while she keeps up-to-date with her social media admin.  “He hasn’t had a rogering since my 'parent sex' post. If I can get the wildlings to sleep before 10 tonight I’m giving the guy some unshaved queen poon.”

I love what this gal is doing for us. Own it ladies ! We are all queens.
The Genie

2 comments:

  1. I agree ,
    Be proud ladies ...strut your stuff .
    Some women bodies snap back , I'm told it's all in the genes .
    You are [PBW] 'PROUD BEAUTIFUL WOMEN .
    Gat ob
    Love PIC

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you and I were fortunate because our bodies repaired themselves very well and we didn't get wrinkled skin or stretch marks. Some ladies are not so fortunate and we forget the price they have to pay for having babies. I always thought pregnant women and new moms were very beautiful. Now we just have to convince them.
    Luv PIC

    ReplyDelete

Through these open doors you are always welcome