My Blog List

  • CLIMATE CRISIS REPORT - *We now have the clearest picture yet of how different the world is today as a result of human-driven climate change. The most comprehensive report to da...
    2 years ago
  • - *Hello Nee my old friend,* *It's been two years now since I last heard from you. I hope you are well and very happy. I know I became a burden to you wit...
    2 years ago
  • - *YOU are gone from my sight but never from my heart. Rather than mourn your absence, I will be grateful for the friendship that we shared for more than ...
    4 years ago
  • - [image: Image result for animated merry christmas images]
    4 years ago
  • Creamy Dill & Salmon - *Prep/Total Time: 30 min. Makes: 6 servings* *1 salmon fillet (about 2 pounds)* *2 teaspoons lemon-pepper seasoning* *1 teaspoon onion salt* *1 ...
    6 years ago

Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Winter comfort food .... Shrimp and macaroni casserole

Shrimp & Macaroni Casserole Recipe

It's winter in Canada, and in my search for fast, easy, hot, comfort food, I found this casserole, which is the perfect size for three people. We love pasta mixed with sea food and I imagine you could also use chopped lobster or crab in this dish. I may try that next. We enjoyed it .... I hope you like it also.


Ingredients

  • 1 cup uncooked elbow macaroni
  • 1 egg, beaten
  • 1/4 cup half-and-half cream
  • 2 tablespoons butter, melted
  • 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
  • 3/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
  • 1 garlic clove, minced
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1/8 teaspoon pepper
  • 1/4 pound uncooked shrimp, peeled, deveined and chopped
  • 3/4 cup chopped fresh spinach

Directions

  1. Cook macaroni according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the egg, cream and butter; set aside. Drain macaroni; transfer to another bowl. Add the Parmesan cheese, 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, garlic, salt, pepper and reserved egg mixture to the macaroni; toss to coat. Stir in shrimp and spinach.
  2. Transfer to a 1-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with remaining mozzarella cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until shrimp turn pink and cheese is melted. Yield: 3 servings
 'EAT'!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Through these open doors you are always welcome