My Blog List

  • CLIMATE CRISIS REPORT - *We now have the clearest picture yet of how different the world is today as a result of human-driven climate change. The most comprehensive report to da...
    2 years ago
  • - *Hello Nee my old friend,* *It's been two years now since I last heard from you. I hope you are well and very happy. I know I became a burden to you wit...
    2 years ago
  • - *YOU are gone from my sight but never from my heart. Rather than mourn your absence, I will be grateful for the friendship that we shared for more than ...
    4 years ago
  • - [image: Image result for animated merry christmas images]
    4 years ago
  • Creamy Dill & Salmon - *Prep/Total Time: 30 min. Makes: 6 servings* *1 salmon fillet (about 2 pounds)* *2 teaspoons lemon-pepper seasoning* *1 teaspoon onion salt* *1 ...
    6 years ago

Monday, February 16, 2015

Woman finds 10 million dollars in her bank account that didn't belong

[Sue Lamb/ Facebook]

For most people it would be a dream come true, but a woman in Australia said she was stressed out after her bank balance was unexpectedly bumped up to almost $10 million.
On Saturday Sue Lamb used a Bank Of Queensland cashpoint to take $100 from her ANZ account. To her surprise the bank receipt after the withdrawal said that her available balance stood at $9,990,420.94.
Initially the 49-year-old wrote on her Facebook page: "Okey dokey. Just checked my credit card which has a limit of $50k and guess what!!! I'm a millionaire!!!! Check out the balance. Plus I've got no debt on it sooo strange. Lol woo hooo let's goooooo girls Tahiti sounds nice. Best I fess up"

[Sue Lamb/ Facebook]


But when she called the bank to notify them of the error, a customer service worker insisted that it was her money and there was nothing he could do.
"I said: "It's not my money" and he said: "But it's a compound of all your company's funds," but I don't have a company, I'm a sole trader.
"This gentleman didn't seem too concerned, he was more concerned with telling me that they were my funds," she said.
But when Ms Lamb checked her account again two days later she found that the extra money had disappeared. 
She said: "They've really caused grave stress for my family... I've seen stories around the world where people get in a lot of trouble for this."
A spokesperson for the bank confirmed that the extra money was showing as a result of an error made by the bank.
What would she have done if the bank had continued to insist the money was her's? What would you do?




2 comments:

  1. The same thing happen to a person I know , thank goodness it wasn't a real large amount $5,000.00 dallors , the bank insisted it was theirs and they spent it , but the bank came back and said it was a mistake ....soooooooo , they had to pay it back .
    Great Post
    Love PIC

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your acquaintance took a big risk spending the money. The bank always finds out eventually when their accounts don't tally up.
    Thanks PIC

    ReplyDelete

Through these open doors you are always welcome