My Blog List

  • CLIMATE CRISIS REPORT - *We now have the clearest picture yet of how different the world is today as a result of human-driven climate change. The most comprehensive report to da...
    2 years ago
  • - *Hello Nee my old friend,* *It's been two years now since I last heard from you. I hope you are well and very happy. I know I became a burden to you wit...
    2 years ago
  • - *YOU are gone from my sight but never from my heart. Rather than mourn your absence, I will be grateful for the friendship that we shared for more than ...
    4 years ago
  • - [image: Image result for animated merry christmas images]
    4 years ago
  • Creamy Dill & Salmon - *Prep/Total Time: 30 min. Makes: 6 servings* *1 salmon fillet (about 2 pounds)* *2 teaspoons lemon-pepper seasoning* *1 teaspoon onion salt* *1 ...
    6 years ago

Saturday, February 28, 2015

Food for Thought : The One That Got Away

 Italian fisherman may have caught world's largest wels catfish

Italian fisherman Dino Ferrari caught a 280-lb. Wels Catfish Thursday in Italy's Po Delta river, setting a new record. The U.K. Mirror reported that the catch is the world's largest wels catfish to be caught by rod and reel.

While the Po Delta River is known for being home to massive Wels Catfish averaging 6.5 feet, Ferrari's catch measured 8.8 feet. This type of fish is known to have a ferocious appetite and consume anything it comes across.
Wels Catfish are the second-largest freshwater fish in the region, ranking just behind the Belluga Sturgeon.

After Ferrari had a quick photo shoot with his massive catch, he released it back into the river.

Words  of  Wisdom :

"It isn't always easy to set the tone or circumstances where patience must prevail but then, every situation is quite different and each must be judged at the time.

"One moment of patience may ward off great disaster. One moment of impatience may ruin a whole life."

"Develop the inner attitude of patience, persistence, and perseverance; and, defeat your own procrastination through action not dreaming."

“Healing is more about accepting the pain and finding a way to peacefully co-exist with it. In the sea of life, pain is a tide that will ebb and weave, continually.We need to learn how to let it wash over us, without drowning in it. Our life doesn't have to end where the pain begins, but rather, it is where we start to mend.” 

“Words themselves aren't that important. Even if somebody says words that shock you, or make you want to kill them, or make you tremble with emotion, the words themselves you tend to forget in time. Words are just tools we use to express or communicate something.” 


“Communication...it is a difficult optimisation. Structurally, it gets founded over words, organised around thoughts. Words are difficult to come through, successfully, amid the thought process. The thought process in right manifestation gives rise to communication.”






A Proud  Grand-poppa               G.

2 comments:

  1. Geez Louise!!!
    Is that a fish or a whale??? Imagine how many people you could invite to that fish fry....all of Nee's relatives and two friends. HA!
    Absolutely awesome fish. Nee would need a bigger skillet to fry that. I enjoyed the post and thank you as always for making this blog much more interesting.
    Love and hugs,
    Butterfly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Biggest dang fresh water fish I seen .
    I do so think if Nee was to cook the fish , her relatives would think she lost her ever loving mind (laughing my butt off)
    The catfish is too old and tough and I am sure he has lots of fat , I would do as the man did , I would throw him back to live another day .

    Thank you for saying I bring something to the table and I make it interesting .
    It is quite simple , I met a lot of people and see what interest them aaaaa, when I come across something I grab it .
    Hugs and love
    HB

    ReplyDelete

Through these open doors you are always welcome