My Blog List

  • CLIMATE CRISIS REPORT - *We now have the clearest picture yet of how different the world is today as a result of human-driven climate change. The most comprehensive report to da...
    2 years ago
  • - *Hello Nee my old friend,* *It's been two years now since I last heard from you. I hope you are well and very happy. I know I became a burden to you wit...
    2 years ago
  • - *YOU are gone from my sight but never from my heart. Rather than mourn your absence, I will be grateful for the friendship that we shared for more than ...
    4 years ago
  • - [image: Image result for animated merry christmas images]
    4 years ago
  • Creamy Dill & Salmon - *Prep/Total Time: 30 min. Makes: 6 servings* *1 salmon fillet (about 2 pounds)* *2 teaspoons lemon-pepper seasoning* *1 teaspoon onion salt* *1 ...
    6 years ago

Thursday, February 5, 2015

Dog abandoned at railway station with suitcase of his belongings finds a new owner





A dog whose story attracted media attention around the world after he was abandoned at a railway station with a suitcase full of his belongings has found a new home.
Kai, a shar-pei crossbreed, was rescued by the Scottish SPCA after he was discovered tied to a railing at Ayr Railway Station in early January.
His hard-luck story prompted hundreds of offers of help, and his new owner said on Wednesday that taking Kai home was "a bit like winning the lottery".
Ian Russell, 52, a self-employed hydraulic engineer from Newton Mearns, East Renfrewshire, said he was looking forward to getting to know his new pet as he left the charity's rescue centre in Glasgow.
He added: "It feels like fate that I've been able to rehome Kai and I'm not usually a believer in things like that. I'm over the moon and very shocked that I was chosen out of everyone who wanted him.

"My Dalmatian named Mica passed away just before Christmas and I was left heartbroken. I had her for 15 years and she was the apple of my eye. We pretty much spent 24 hours a day together.
"When I heard about Kai I knew the little guy needed a break but I never thought in a million years I'd get him.
"I called the Scottish SPCA just to check he was okay and see if there was anything I could do to help. Fast forward a few weeks and here I am taking him home. I honestly think it was meant to be.
"I work all over Scotland, mainly outdoors, driving wherever I'm needed in my van. Kai will come with me and when it's appropriate I'll let him out to run around and play safely while I work. Then we'll jump back into the van together and head to the next place. We'll be able to hang out all the time.”
Mr Russell said he also wanted to highlight the fact thereweare lots of “other animals like Kai whose stories haven't been told”.



Kai was discovered tied to a railing at Ayr Railway Station in early January (PA)

Alan Grant, of the Scottish SPCA, said the organization had been “overwhelmed” by offers of new homes for Kai from places as far away as New York, Los Angeles, France, Spain and the Philippines.
"Kai's story was really sad and many people likened him to Paddington Bear given he was found alone at a railway station with his suitcase,” he added.
"It was really important for us to select an owner who wanted Kai for all the right reasons and had really thought through their decision to take on a rescue dog. We know Kai will have a fantastic new life with Ian and we couldn't be happier for him.

An online page set up to raise funds for Kai after he was discovered paid for an operation on his eyelids. The response was overwhelming. Just when you think the world today is a cold hard place,
people demonstrate they have compassion and kind hearts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Through these open doors you are always welcome