My Blog List

  • CLIMATE CRISIS REPORT - *We now have the clearest picture yet of how different the world is today as a result of human-driven climate change. The most comprehensive report to da...
    2 years ago
  • - *Hello Nee my old friend,* *It's been two years now since I last heard from you. I hope you are well and very happy. I know I became a burden to you wit...
    2 years ago
  • - *YOU are gone from my sight but never from my heart. Rather than mourn your absence, I will be grateful for the friendship that we shared for more than ...
    4 years ago
  • - [image: Image result for animated merry christmas images]
    4 years ago
  • Creamy Dill & Salmon - *Prep/Total Time: 30 min. Makes: 6 servings* *1 salmon fillet (about 2 pounds)* *2 teaspoons lemon-pepper seasoning* *1 teaspoon onion salt* *1 ...
    6 years ago

Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Man Misses Whale Two Feet in Front of Him

You've got to wonder just what was so important on that phone.

A new Instagram photo has surfaced showing a man on a boat missing the breach of a humpback whale just a few feet away from him because he's glued to his phone.
It's all too common a trend these days. Missing out on real life? Maybe it's because you've got your head buried in your phone.
Professional photographer Eric Smith told ABC News that the photo was shot during a whale watch in Redondo Beach, California.
"A small private sailboat maneuvered really close to the whales, and this guy on it was literally sitting in that position and never moved," Smith said. "He could have been texting his mom in the hospital for all I know, but I thought it sucked that he missed such a wonderful moment happening just two feet in front of him."
Smith said he took a handful of photos of whales with the boat in the background, and the guy on the phone missed every one of them.
"We're all guilty being buried in our phones, even me," Smith said. "You think life is better on your phone, but we’re missing what’s happening around us."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Through these open doors you are always welcome