My Blog List

  • CLIMATE CRISIS REPORT - *We now have the clearest picture yet of how different the world is today as a result of human-driven climate change. The most comprehensive report to da...
    2 years ago
  • - *Hello Nee my old friend,* *It's been two years now since I last heard from you. I hope you are well and very happy. I know I became a burden to you wit...
    2 years ago
  • - *YOU are gone from my sight but never from my heart. Rather than mourn your absence, I will be grateful for the friendship that we shared for more than ...
    4 years ago
  • - [image: Image result for animated merry christmas images]
    4 years ago
  • Creamy Dill & Salmon - *Prep/Total Time: 30 min. Makes: 6 servings* *1 salmon fillet (about 2 pounds)* *2 teaspoons lemon-pepper seasoning* *1 teaspoon onion salt* *1 ...
    6 years ago

Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall in P.E.I....Not Amused


Charles and Camilla got a little taste of home last night on The Island, albeit probably not in a way they were expecting.
The Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall ended their Victoria Day in Charlottetown, P.E.I. at a special evening production at the Province House as the guests of honor. With an all-P.E.I. cast, the performance consisted of short skits, comedy acts, songs, and native poetry readings. The highlight of the production had to be actor Wade Lynch, who performed a sketch where he was dressed as Queen Elizabeth II. Lynch has performed as Queen Elizabeth for previous events, most recently for a telethon supporting Queen Elizabeth Hospital last year.

On this occasion, donning a violet dress suit with matching hat, “The Queen” was certainly the comedic star of the show. After wishing everyone a happy Victoria Day, 'Queen Elizabeth' made the audience laugh with her wicked comparisons to “Prince Edward” island, professing her love for the beautiful province.
Everyone certainly seemed to be laughing and enjoying themselves, while Prince Charles and Camilla looked more like they were sleeping with they’re eyes open. Seriously, I am not sure I even saw Camilla crack a smile…
'The Queen' then introduces the famous ‘Anne of Green Gables.’ P.E.I.’s beloved little red head jubilantly joined 'The Queen’ on stage and discussed some of the history of Anne's history. In the short skit, Anne explains to 'The Queen' that she was the inspiration for the musical version of ‘Anne of Green Gables.’
“It is because of you, your majesty, that we’ve had 50 years of humble pie and ice cream,” exclaimed Anne, while the audience clapped.
Prince Charles offered some gentle applause at the end of the skit, however Camilla did not seem terribly moved by the performance. Perhaps satire just isn't her thing.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Through these open doors you are always welcome