My Blog List

  • CLIMATE CRISIS REPORT - *We now have the clearest picture yet of how different the world is today as a result of human-driven climate change. The most comprehensive report to da...
    2 years ago
  • - *Hello Nee my old friend,* *It's been two years now since I last heard from you. I hope you are well and very happy. I know I became a burden to you wit...
    2 years ago
  • - *YOU are gone from my sight but never from my heart. Rather than mourn your absence, I will be grateful for the friendship that we shared for more than ...
    4 years ago
  • - [image: Image result for animated merry christmas images]
    4 years ago
  • Creamy Dill & Salmon - *Prep/Total Time: 30 min. Makes: 6 servings* *1 salmon fillet (about 2 pounds)* *2 teaspoons lemon-pepper seasoning* *1 teaspoon onion salt* *1 ...
    6 years ago

Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Baby's First Outing



This shy polar bear cub got a bit of an earful on her first trip outside - before her mum (Kay) took a well-deserved nap.
The nervous newborn, who only opened her eyes in January, was proudly shown off by her maternal mother at Novosibirsk Zoo in Russia. But the unnamed female cub couldn’t initially be coaxed from her cave to her adoring public - so her mother had to haul her out by her ears.

The cub, who will be named by zoo guests, initially stayed close to mum but soon got used to her new surroundings and wanted to play.


Kay crashes while her cub plays
Time out for Kay

Mum Kay lovingly rolled around in the cold snow nestling her daughter into her chest. But she eventually got worn out by the youngster's energy and crashed flat out to recover. The adorable scenes were captured by keen photographer Anton Belovodchenko, 33, while he was visiting the zoo.
He said: "This little cub is the firstborn for Kay and dad Gerda ."
 "She was very small in comparison to Kay and was so white and fluffy. I'd never seen a seen a  polar bear cub before so I was surprised to see Kay teaching her baby how to take her first steps."
They are very cute and polar bears make terrific mothers. You could almost forget they are among the world's biggest and meanest predators. They are also seriously endangered in the wild. To find out why their existence is so threatened by what mankind has done to the planet ....Contact

http://www.polarbearsinternational.org/

2 comments:

  1. Aunt Jeannie , the baby cub is just so cute , I think they should name her little Nanook to carry on the tradition there can never be enough Nanooks . Man wants her name Fluffy , Man name his horse Horse . Man is like poppa , he is so funny . Nanook group is growing , we are getting some from Jonny school and other schools . Eric high school will start a group next year and Adam will be over it , Adam is Eric brother . Eric will be going to college . Aunt Jeannie when man was a baby he like to play with mama . We are sending you love to help you get well and strong .
    Wrote by Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jenny,
    I think the cub is adorable. Your choice of a name is perfect. How about Mini Nanook? Maybe Fluffy would work better for a kitten than a bear who will grow up to be around six or seven hundred pounds. I am so proud of your Nanook group and it is wonderful to hear that other schools, including a high school is getting involved. You cubs are doing a brilliant job at spreading information and getting people interested. It all helps to save our planet. You made me laugh a lot when you told me Man named his horse...Horse...hahahaha! That boy is definitely funny like his Poppa. He sure isn't a baby any more is he? And you are growing up pretty fast too. I was so happy to hear from you Crusader. Thank you for all that love. I think it makes me stronger. I love you all right back and I hope all my cubs have a wonderful summer... Luv Aunt Jeannie

    ReplyDelete

Through these open doors you are always welcome