My Blog List

  • - * It's been five years since I have heard from you my friend. You are often on my mind and always in my heart. Wherever you are, I hope you are safe, hea...
    3 days ago
  • CLIMATE CRISIS REPORT - *We now have the clearest picture yet of how different the world is today as a result of human-driven climate change. The most comprehensive report to da...
    2 years ago
  • - *Hello Nee my old friend,* *It's been two years now since I last heard from you. I hope you are well and very happy. I know I became a burden to you wit...
    2 years ago
  • - [image: Image result for animated merry christmas images]
    4 years ago
  • Creamy Dill & Salmon - *Prep/Total Time: 30 min. Makes: 6 servings* *1 salmon fillet (about 2 pounds)* *2 teaspoons lemon-pepper seasoning* *1 teaspoon onion salt* *1 ...
    6 years ago

Thursday, April 26, 2012

Ask Maxy


Dear Maxy ,
My daughter is planning a wedding to a great guy , and I am thrilled for her . The problem is ,he comes from a wealthy family . I live in a mobile home . If I'm licky , I could stratch together $3,000 to put toward her wedding , but that's it .
I don't want to use the little money I've saved toward my retirement . I've already spent a fortune on my dress , the gifts and all the little extras . So my question is , how do I offer $3,000 and say that is all I have to give toward the actual wedding ? Do I need to apologize ? Should i take out a loan or borrow from my retiremen t to save face ? This whole thing is keeping me up at nights.
The Bride's Mother
Dear Mother , Parents should never put themselves in hock in order to pay for a child's wedding . An adult bride and groom should pay for their own nuptials whenever possible , even if that means cake and punch in the backyard . Tell your daughter you love her very much , and you will be happy to give her $3,000 toward the cost of her wedding . Period .
Maxy
***********************************************************************************
Dear Maxy ,
My fiance , "Harry," has several female friends , but one in particular bothers me . Harry lives 60 miles away and visits on weekends . In between , he often goes out with "Liza" for breakfast , lunch or dinner , for long rides , to climb mountains or to swim .
Liza is a lovely lady , and I like her , but she is single and their relationship is making me uncomfortable . I tried to talk to Harry about it , but he ranted and raved about my jeaslousy . I don't believe anything has happened between them , but I f eel they are playing with fire and not considering my feeling .What should I do ? Am I wrong to worry ?
Getting Under My Skin
Dear Getting ,
Harry's friendship with Liza doesn't concern me as much as his reaction when you brought it up . Ranting , raving and accusing you of jealousy is not the reaction of a caring , loving , respectful fiance . It is manipulative . It puts you on the defensive , possibly to shield his own feelings or actions . Whether anything has happened with Liza (or will) is not as important as how Harry feels about her and what that relationship mean to him . Please get some premarital counseling so the two of you can hash this out before making things permanent .
Maxy
****************************************************************************
Dear Maxy,
Our neighbor "Davey," is a homosexual and frequently has vaeious men stay at his house overnight .
Here's the problem ; We have an 11-year-old son. and though Davey is nice to him and a good neighbor to us , should we keep our son from association with davey ? My Husband doesn't seem to think there's any problem , but one can never be to safe when it comes to protecting your children .
Sleepless
Dear Sleepless ,
Davey should be treated no differently than any other neighbor who has frequent overnight guests , male or female , presumably for intimate purposes . You wouldn't want his casual promiscuity to be something your son emulates in his own life , but I assume you would discuss such things with your child as a normal part of transmitting your values and morals . It has nothing to do with Davey's sexual orientation , nor does it make him a greater risk to your son's welfare . And if your real worry is whether association with Davey will make your son gay ... the answer is no .
Maxy
*************************************************************************
Dear Maxy ,
I have been dating a really nice guy for a couple of months . It's long-distance , but we Skype a lot , so it's fine . We was talking everyday before spring brak . Now , no calls . When I called him , he said this is the time he goes underground and talks to no one . HUH ? What should I do now ?
Perplexed
Dear Perplexed ,
Move on . He has .
Maxy

4 comments:

  1. Well done Maxy. Good advice. Harry is definitely banging Liza. He protested way too much.I hope the lady dumps him.

    By the way Maxy, you barfed on the carpet in the computer room. That was not cool. It's because you have been eating grass again.What did I tell you about that?
    Next time you clean it up or no cookies for a month.

    Ticked off Mama.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was surprised the silly lady didn't figure it out for herself.

    I only ate the grass because it's medicine to dogs . I am sorry I barfed on the carpet ...hehehehe

    Human Mama ... i think White Cat is pregnant with some catdogs ... I bet they will be so cute ... just like me.

    Maybe I am like White Cat's human daddy ... I am having pregnant sickness .
    I am so hot Human mama ... don't you just love me and my antics .

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have been F****** that cat again.Don't come to me if you get sued for child support.

    I warned you she was bad news. Because of her I have green stains on the carpet

    P.O'd Mama

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Human Mama ... White Cat smooths my groves .

    A good roll in the hay with White cat is worth the child support .

    I am sorry about the green stains on the carpet . But I do love f****** that White Cat . HeHeHe

    ReplyDelete

Through these open doors you are always welcome