My Blog List

  • CLIMATE CRISIS REPORT - *We now have the clearest picture yet of how different the world is today as a result of human-driven climate change. The most comprehensive report to da...
    2 years ago
  • - *Hello Nee my old friend,* *It's been two years now since I last heard from you. I hope you are well and very happy. I know I became a burden to you wit...
    2 years ago
  • - *YOU are gone from my sight but never from my heart. Rather than mourn your absence, I will be grateful for the friendship that we shared for more than ...
    4 years ago
  • - [image: Image result for animated merry christmas images]
    4 years ago
  • Creamy Dill & Salmon - *Prep/Total Time: 30 min. Makes: 6 servings* *1 salmon fillet (about 2 pounds)* *2 teaspoons lemon-pepper seasoning* *1 teaspoon onion salt* *1 ...
    6 years ago

Monday, February 27, 2012

Kids Say The Darndest Things

Here's a peek into how youngsters would change their parents if they had a magic wand and could say "Presto!...Change!" :
** "I'd make them both my size . I don't like  big people ."
** "I'd them both sweet and rich."
** "I'd change my mother and make her skinny in the right places."
** "I'd changed my dad into a dog and my mom into a cow,"
The teacher was startled and asked "Why?"
** Because I like dogs and cows," was the laconic answer .
***********************************************************
The teacher asked ,"What echoed through your home when the first of the month comes around around?"
Question ..."What your dad's main complaint ?"
Answer ... "My mom's always asking for money."
Question ... "What's your mom main complaint ?"
Answer ... "Dad never gives her any ."
One kid's offhand way of summing up a complete family problem :
Seven-year-old admitted : "My mother talks most at our house ."
Question ... "What does your dad do when he can't get a word in edgewise ?"
Answer ... "He gets up and go to bed."
*********************************************************
Here's a double measure of assorted reports on how Dad met Mom and Mom got Dad ;
My daddy and mommy met on a cloud over Los Angeles ?
*** Then what happen ?
I was born on another cloud .
*** How did you get down here ?
I came down with a raindrop and they had a double parachute .
******************************************************
My folks met in a  night club.
*** What was your father doing?
He was a bartender .
*** And your mother ?
She was attending a PTA meeting .
******************************************************
My folks were cousins in Massachusetts , but when they came out to California they had to get married . There's some sort of law out here .
*** What kind of law ?
How am I supposed to know ? I was just a baby when they go married .
**************************************************
One little boy remarked that they had a brand new Daddy around the house . The teacher if he knew how his mother met him , he said a real Whizzer :
***"It all happened one morning when the doorbell rang while Mommy was taking her bath. "My sister went to the door ," he finally continued , "and there was a strange man standing there . He said he'd like to see my mother . So sister let him !" and the rest is history."
****************************************************
The fertile minds of the children play with fragments of truth , putting them together in strange , new patterns that must make mincemeat out of the nerves of their parents .
*** What does your mother do ?
"On Monday my mom cleans the whole house from top to bottom ."
*** What do she do the rest of the week ?"
"Oh , she just sits around , smokes cigarettes and plays canasta ."
*** What does your mother do ?"
"She's kind of a housewife .
*** What kind ?
The lazy kind .
*** When does your mother look prettiest ?
When she's going to meet people she doesn't know too good .
*** And when does she look her worst ?
Around the house in her ragged old nightgown .
*** How old is your mother ?
She says she's thrity , but my dad told me she's really thirty-six .
*** Does your mother work for a living ?
No . She's a private secretary .
*** That sounds like some kind of job .
All I know is that she works for a slave driver down at the Fisher Building .
**** What does your mother do ?
My mother used to sing on television .
*** Doesn't she do it anymore ?
Less and less everyday.
*** Why ?
Because everyday she gets more and more pregnant .

3 comments:

  1. Really cute.Loved it. See ya tonight at the Bat Cave PIC

    The Genie

    ReplyDelete
  2. [giggles] I see our comment page is changed like our profile page Hahaha
    At the Bar Cave it is PIC.

    Witchy with the attitude .

    ReplyDelete
  3. [giggles] I see our comment page is changed like our profile page Hahaha
    At the Bar Cave it is PIC.

    Witchy with the attitude .

    ReplyDelete

Through these open doors you are always welcome