My Blog List

  • CLIMATE CRISIS REPORT - *We now have the clearest picture yet of how different the world is today as a result of human-driven climate change. The most comprehensive report to da...
    2 years ago
  • - *Hello Nee my old friend,* *It's been two years now since I last heard from you. I hope you are well and very happy. I know I became a burden to you wit...
    2 years ago
  • - *YOU are gone from my sight but never from my heart. Rather than mourn your absence, I will be grateful for the friendship that we shared for more than ...
    4 years ago
  • - [image: Image result for animated merry christmas images]
    4 years ago
  • Creamy Dill & Salmon - *Prep/Total Time: 30 min. Makes: 6 servings* *1 salmon fillet (about 2 pounds)* *2 teaspoons lemon-pepper seasoning* *1 teaspoon onion salt* *1 ...
    6 years ago

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

'A Dog's Plea' ---- From Maxy With Much Love

Treat me kindly, my beloved friend , for no heart in all the world is more grateful for kindness than the loving heart of me .

Do not break my spirit with a stick , for though I might lick your hands between blows , your patience and understanding will more quickly teach me the things you would have me learn .

Speak to me often , for your voice is the world's sweetest music , as you must know by the fierce wagging of my tail when the sound of your footsteps falls upon my waiting ear .

Please take me inside when it is cold and wet , for I am a domesticated animal , no longer accustomed to bitter elements .

I ask no greater glory than the privilege of sitting at your feet beside the hearth .

Keep my pan filled with fresh water , for I cannot tell you when I suffer thirst .

Feed me clean food that I maight stay well , to romp and play and do your biddin g , to walk by your side and stand ready , willing and able to protect you with my life , should your life be in danger .

And , my friend , when I am very old , and I no longer enjoy good health , hearing and sight , do not make heroic efforts to keep me going , I am not having any fun.

Please see my trusting life is taken gently . I shall leave this Earth knowing with the last breath I draw that my fate was always safest in your hands .

Several years ago , I found this essay about a dog who had lived a long life , had become old and sickly and wanted his master to do him a favor and let him die .
It was written from the dog's viewpoint , and I think of it often , Maxy said it was a very nice idea to share with his friends .
Written by Beth Norman Harris
Thank you Mrs. Harris ... The PICs

2 comments:

  1. Very heart warming PIC and very true. I don't know how you know these things but yesterday Peter took Beethoven (the family dog, A beautiful golden retriever)to the vet to be euthanized. She was sixteen years old, blind, deaf and in pain from severe arthritis. She also had senile dementia and didn't know us any more.

    The twins and J&P are heart broken but realized it was the kindest thing they could do for her.
    We are all very sad today. Beethoven was a good friend to all of us. She loved swimming and going on the boat. As you know Dr Maxy hates both those things.

    Very nice post PIC Thankyou

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are very welcome , had no idea why , but Maxy just had to post it ...I remembered it from a few years back ... So glad I found it .

    That was the best and most loving thing Peter could do .

    Beethoven will b e miss , a pet is a part of your family .
    You are very welcome .

    ReplyDelete

Through these open doors you are always welcome