My Blog List

  • CLIMATE CRISIS REPORT - *We now have the clearest picture yet of how different the world is today as a result of human-driven climate change. The most comprehensive report to da...
    2 years ago
  • - *Hello Nee my old friend,* *It's been two years now since I last heard from you. I hope you are well and very happy. I know I became a burden to you wit...
    2 years ago
  • - *YOU are gone from my sight but never from my heart. Rather than mourn your absence, I will be grateful for the friendship that we shared for more than ...
    4 years ago
  • - [image: Image result for animated merry christmas images]
    4 years ago
  • Creamy Dill & Salmon - *Prep/Total Time: 30 min. Makes: 6 servings* *1 salmon fillet (about 2 pounds)* *2 teaspoons lemon-pepper seasoning* *1 teaspoon onion salt* *1 ...
    6 years ago

Thursday, February 9, 2012

Ask Maxy

Dear Maxy,
I've been with my botfriend for a decade . We have children together and jointly own cars , a house and a business. I've been pushing the issue of marriage for three years . So far , he won't budge . I've given him deadlines and ultimatums , and still nothing .
I love him dearly , and I'm at the end of my rope . What should I do ?
N.C.
Dear N.C. ,
Honey , you haven't given him deadlines and ultimatums . You're given him empty threats and let him off the hook . Either accept the situation as it is , or leave . Find out whether your 10-year union is protected legally under common-law marriages statutes . Talk to a lawyer about child support and your business entanglements .
When he knows you are truly serious about leaving , he may offer marriage , but don't count on it . You should act according to what you think is best for you , and not because you are trying to manipulate him .
Maxy
Dear Maxy,
My daughter is in the second grade and has been bugging me to give her a cellphone . I told her she is too young and doesn't need one . She points out other children who have phones . I think they are in higher grades , but either way , I am not doing that . I think she is far to young to have to have access to who knows what kind of information or people . What do you think is the right age to give a child a phone ?
Holding Out
Dear Holding Out ,
I agree that a second-grader is too young to have a phone . At age 7 or 8 , a child should be under adult supervision . I think children may benefit from having cellphones when they began to travel independently of adults . That tends to begin at about 10 or 11 , when they may go to school without their parents or attend extracurricular activities and than make their way home alone.
Whenever you give your child a phone , make sure to put tight limits on the numbers she / he can call and the amount of texting she / he can do . Then stay on top of it , monitoring all communication .
Maxy
Dear Maxy ,
I got into a big argument with a friend via barrage of harsh text mwssages , and we haven't spoken since , I couldn't believe how rude my friend was to me and the nerve she had to do it electronically . We used to be real confidantes , and we talked about everything in what I thought were sensitive ways . I am hurt and feel like I don't know how to mend the fence , or even want to. What do you recommend when friends "break up" via text ?
Seething
Dear seething ,
You have just experienced something that is sure to become more common over time . Technology can cause all kinds if problems for people when it isn't managed well . Whenever you feel emotionally charged about something . DO NOT write about it in an email or teat or send a voicemail message . The best thing to do when you are heated is to be yourself and calm down . Think about the situation from different angles , and try to find reason within the situation . Then do your best to address the conflict as directly as possible ... preferably face-to-face .
This didn't happen , and now you and your friend have has a serious falling out . When you emotionally grounded , contact your friend and tell her you want to talk about what happened . Explain how hurt you were and how you feel now . Tell her specifically what upset you . If you want to rekindle your friendship tell her that . Take the time to listen to her side .
Maxy

2 comments:

  1. Good advice Maxy. You are getting pretty good at this.I may ask your advice myself. I'll think up a good one.

    You deserve a nice soup bone to gnaw on.But not on the carpet...Good boy...The Genie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need the work , I have pups to feed .

    Make that 3 /4 soup bones . I will take it to bed with me .

    ReplyDelete

Through these open doors you are always welcome