My Blog List

  • CLIMATE CRISIS REPORT - *We now have the clearest picture yet of how different the world is today as a result of human-driven climate change. The most comprehensive report to da...
    2 years ago
  • - *Hello Nee my old friend,* *It's been two years now since I last heard from you. I hope you are well and very happy. I know I became a burden to you wit...
    2 years ago
  • - *YOU are gone from my sight but never from my heart. Rather than mourn your absence, I will be grateful for the friendship that we shared for more than ...
    4 years ago
  • - [image: Image result for animated merry christmas images]
    4 years ago
  • Creamy Dill & Salmon - *Prep/Total Time: 30 min. Makes: 6 servings* *1 salmon fillet (about 2 pounds)* *2 teaspoons lemon-pepper seasoning* *1 teaspoon onion salt* *1 ...
    6 years ago

Monday, October 3, 2011

Martha Stewart's Daughter Lashes Out in New Tell-All Book




America's domestic diva apparently has a dark side.
In a scathing new tell-all book, Martha Stewart's daughter, Alexis, reveals that life as the homemaker's child was far from perfect.
"Martha does everything better! You can't win!" Alexis, 46, writes of her mother, 70, in her new book Whateverland: Learning to Live Here, out October 18 (as first excerpted by the U.K. Daily Mail). "If I didn't do something perfectly, I had to do it again. I grew up with a glue gun pointed at my head."

"Martha was not interested in being kid-friendly," Alexis reveals in Whateverland. "She used to make me wrap my own presents. She would hand me things right before Christmas and say, 'Now wrap these but don't look inside.'"
But Alexis says she took the most issue with the domestic diva's habits around the house. "My mother has a sign on all of her doors to take your shoes off," Alexis writes. "For god's sake! My mother's dogs p--s and s--t on her rugs and she's telling people to take their shoes off?

"[She] always peed with the door open," Alexis continued of her mother's bathroom hygiene. "I remember saying, 'You know, now I have friends over! You can't do that anymore! It's gotta stop! My friends' parents don't do it! Give me a break here! I don’t feel like being embarrassed! It's exhausting! I'm a kid! Stop!'"
Though Alexis drops these and other bombshells in the book, she insists she harbors no ill will. In fact, she even dedicated the tome to Martha. Says the TV personality of her daughter, Alexis: "She's her own person. She makes up her own mind."

25 Things You Don't Know About Me: Martha Stewart
Martha Stewart, 69, (Martha Stewart's Holiday Open House airs Dec. 6 at 8 p.m. on Hallmark) shares the 25 things you don't know about her with UsMagazine.com.

1. I tend to keep a light on near my bed when I sleep (about four hours a night) so I can write notes or do work when I wake up.
2. When I travel, I like to bring my own fresh lemons, just in case they don't have them on the plane.
3. Some of my fondest memories of childhood were sitting at the kitchen table eating white onion sandwiches.
4. I only beat my father at Scrabble once.
5. I just finished writing my 76th book.
6. When I first wake up, before the sun rises, I say hello to all the animals on my farm.
7. I have four horses, 200 chickens, two sheep, three miniature donkeys, five cats, three dogs and 25 red canaries, and I'm a beekeeper.
8. I'm not a big fan of fragrances in anything -- that's why Martha Stewart cleaning products are fragrance-free and color-free.
9. This past Thanksgiving was the first time I didn't make my own turkey. I went out to a restaurant with my daughter and friends.
10. I love the Yankees.
11. I like baking more than cooking. In fact, I have a new baking series, Martha Bakes, airing on Hallmark Channel in January.
12. When I was a young girl, I helped my brother trap muskrats in Nutley, New Jersey.
13. I recently tracked polar bears on a working vacation in Northern Canada.
14. I have a very dry sense of humor.
15. If I wasn't doing this for a living, I'd be a teacher or maybe a veterinarian.
16. My favorite home-cooked meal is scrambled eggs.
17. I love Eminem.
18. I paid for my college education by modeling.
19. I am most comfortable in jeans and a work shirt.
20. One person I would love to meet is Barack Obama.
21. I do yoga every day for an hour.
22. I'm perfectly happy with a liverwurst sandwich.
23. I'm a closet tech geek. I’m obsessed with my iPad, my Droid and my new Samsung Tablet.
24. I have over 2,040,000 Twitter followers.
25. I listen to lots of rap music in the studio of The Martha Stewart Show [which airs on Hallmark Channel at 10 A.M.].

Well there were a couple of eye-openers there, weren't there sister friends?...Quite unlike her image.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a 'Mommie Dearest' book by Christina Crawford .

    It was a bestselling book that was made into a blockbuster movie.

    Why anyone would air their dirty linen in public is beyond me.

    Wrong again. MONEY !!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How well I remember'Mommie Dearest'. In that case I didn't blame Christina for going for the gold. She was completely left out of her mother's will along with her brother who was even more abused. That book was also cathartic for Christina who had been carrying those secrets around for a long time.
    Ms Stewart's daughter is already inheriting an empire. Maybe she will give the book residuals to charity,no?...Nah,I don't think so either.

    ReplyDelete

Through these open doors you are always welcome