My Blog List

  • CLIMATE CRISIS REPORT - *We now have the clearest picture yet of how different the world is today as a result of human-driven climate change. The most comprehensive report to da...
    2 years ago
  • - *Hello Nee my old friend,* *It's been two years now since I last heard from you. I hope you are well and very happy. I know I became a burden to you wit...
    2 years ago
  • - *YOU are gone from my sight but never from my heart. Rather than mourn your absence, I will be grateful for the friendship that we shared for more than ...
    4 years ago
  • - [image: Image result for animated merry christmas images]
    4 years ago
  • Creamy Dill & Salmon - *Prep/Total Time: 30 min. Makes: 6 servings* *1 salmon fillet (about 2 pounds)* *2 teaspoons lemon-pepper seasoning* *1 teaspoon onion salt* *1 ...
    6 years ago

Monday, October 24, 2011

Italian-Style Meat Loaf

I               can (6 ounces) no-salt-salt-added tomato paste
1/2          cup dry red wine plus 1/2 cup water  ( or 1 cup of water)
I               tablespoon minced garlic 
1/2          teaspoon dried basil leaves 
1/2          teaspoon dried oregano leaves 
1/4          teaspoon salt
12            ounces lean ground round
12            ounces ground turkey breast
1              cup fresh whole wheat bread crumbs  (2 slices whole wheat bread )
1/2          cup shedded zucchini 
1/4          cup cholesterol-free egg substitute or 2 egg whites.

1)           Preheat oven to 350*F . Combine tomato paste , wine , water , garlic , basil , oregano and salt in small sausepan . Bring to a boil ; reduce heat to low .
Simmer , uncovered , 15 minutes . Set aside.

2)          Combine beef , turkey , bread crumbs , zucchini , eggs substitute and 1/2 cup reserved tomato mixture in large bowl . Mix well . Shape into a loaf ; place into ungreased 9X5X3-inch loaf pan . Bake 45 minutes . Discard any dripping . Pour 1/2 cup remaining tomato mixture over top of loaf . Bake an additional 15 minutes . Place on serving platter . Cool 10 minutes before slicing . Garnish as desired .

Makes 8 serving ...heart healthy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Through these open doors you are always welcome