My Blog List

  • CLIMATE CRISIS REPORT - *We now have the clearest picture yet of how different the world is today as a result of human-driven climate change. The most comprehensive report to da...
    2 years ago
  • - *Hello Nee my old friend,* *It's been two years now since I last heard from you. I hope you are well and very happy. I know I became a burden to you wit...
    2 years ago
  • - *YOU are gone from my sight but never from my heart. Rather than mourn your absence, I will be grateful for the friendship that we shared for more than ...
    4 years ago
  • - [image: Image result for animated merry christmas images]
    4 years ago
  • Creamy Dill & Salmon - *Prep/Total Time: 30 min. Makes: 6 servings* *1 salmon fillet (about 2 pounds)* *2 teaspoons lemon-pepper seasoning* *1 teaspoon onion salt* *1 ...
    6 years ago

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Trending Prints 101 : Learn to Mix Prints Like a Pro

Mixing prints is one of the most unique and novel ways to gress these days , but when you talk about combining and matching prints , patterns and colors , you can easily question your own self or get stuck  on whether something works . Although the beauty behind the mixed print look is that there are no rules , one can quickly get carried away  and get it wrong . That's why most of us (myself included) are intimidated by the trend .If you are just breaking into the trend , here are several pointers to help you get the most eye for mixing prints.
Choose from the same color family , navy - maxi - skirt color family ..
Wearing the same color palette will show the other trendsetters that you know what you are doing .

 If you are picking out a  dark blue printed  maxi skirt , reach for a tank or top that carries the similar  blue tones , this will tie your top and bottom together .



Offset bright prints  with neutral prints :
When mixing busy bold color prints , you may could easily cross the line  of trend overkill .

 I suggest sticking to one bright -clored print  and pairing it with a print in a neutral hue  .

 So that the two colors will blend with black and white .


Rock the same type of print or pattern
A stripe wth another stripe will work , as long as they differ in look . We suggest thin stripes with thick stripes or horizonal stripes with diagonal stripes .

You could mix animal prints too ! Select different color combinations or pairs of big spots with small spots .

Throw on a belt :
Feel confident with two contrasting prints by ading a solid colored belt to split up the the tqo pieces .

Make sure to tuck in the top  into youe skirt or pants .

What's so neat about a belt ?


 It'll cinch you at the waist.

Get the work done for you :
If you are too intimidated to mix or match patterns , even with some of the guidelines  that's set forth , your best bet are dresses with dual prints .

The designers have already put together the look . Now , when you choose your accessories , avoid another intricate pattern .

Go for the  look ...let your hair down and live a little.

2 comments:

  1. I love to mix stripes ,plaids , floral and animals prints, I bought dresses in the mix-match patterns .
    Thanks to you ladies, I can make my very own pattern trends.

    Thank You
    Carla

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you ... I always keep up with thelatest fashion.
    Some I like and some I don't ... but the choice is up to the person.

    ReplyDelete

Through these open doors you are always welcome