My Blog List

  • CLIMATE CRISIS REPORT - *We now have the clearest picture yet of how different the world is today as a result of human-driven climate change. The most comprehensive report to da...
    2 years ago
  • - *Hello Nee my old friend,* *It's been two years now since I last heard from you. I hope you are well and very happy. I know I became a burden to you wit...
    2 years ago
  • - *YOU are gone from my sight but never from my heart. Rather than mourn your absence, I will be grateful for the friendship that we shared for more than ...
    4 years ago
  • - [image: Image result for animated merry christmas images]
    4 years ago
  • Creamy Dill & Salmon - *Prep/Total Time: 30 min. Makes: 6 servings* *1 salmon fillet (about 2 pounds)* *2 teaspoons lemon-pepper seasoning* *1 teaspoon onion salt* *1 ...
    6 years ago

Thursday, August 4, 2011

Ask Maxy

Dear Maxy ,
When I stay in hotels , I sometimes order room service . What is the proper way to tip someone who brings room service ?
Adam
Dear Adam ,
I would first advise you to to look carefully at the bill . In many hotels , a gratuity is built into the  charge and its clearly indicated so that you can see what has been automatically added . Then you don't have to tip.
If you feel you have received extra-special service , you could offer a few dollars.
Maxy

Dear Maxy ,
I am a 20-year-old male who recently developed an eating disorder, I've lot almost 50 pounds from restricting , purging  and over - exercising . Even though I get a lot of compliments on my weight loss, I'm nowhere I would like to be . My parents notice that I don't eat very much, but as soon as I eat a little , my mother makes comments on how I'm going to gain the weight back . Even my doctor thinks I should  lose  a bit more .
Honestly, I'm at my limit here . I'm afraid to stop purging and because I'll binge and put the weight back on . I realize I have a distorted body image and recently started causing external harm to my body because I'm not happy with what I see . How can I be satisfied and not end up seriously hurt ?
E.D.
Dear E. D. ,
The binge-and-purge cycle of eating disorders is extremely harmful to the to the body , it can cause dehydration , fatigue , ulcers , tooth decay , ruptured stomach , swelling , a weakened heart muscle and more . Please don't keep your eating disorder a secret . Contact the National Eating Disorders Association  ( http://www.nationaleatingdisorders.org/) at 1-800-931-2237 and ask for assistance.
Maxy

Dear Maxy,
My husband's birthday is coming up , and I want to do something special for him , I thought of hosting a small party , but I don't know if it's a good idea. I'm afraid that if I ask him, he will say he doesn't want to do  anything at all. How should I approach this ?
Bev
Dear Bev,
If your intention is to celebrate your husband in a way that he would appreciate, don't surprise him with anything.
Definitely ask for his input . You can tell him that you want to do something special and suggest a couple of intimate settings that may work, like a small party with a select guest list . Ask him for his opinion . But if he declines all such ideas, don't be hurt . Just get him a nice card and a lovely gift , and celebrate his birthday that way.
Maxy

2 comments:

  1. Dear Maxy ,

    One question?
    Why are females of any species so bossy ?

    Gil in Louisiana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Gil
    Because Mother always knows best

    Love Maxy

    ReplyDelete

Through these open doors you are always welcome