My Blog List

  • CLIMATE CRISIS REPORT - *We now have the clearest picture yet of how different the world is today as a result of human-driven climate change. The most comprehensive report to da...
    2 years ago
  • - *Hello Nee my old friend,* *It's been two years now since I last heard from you. I hope you are well and very happy. I know I became a burden to you wit...
    2 years ago
  • - *YOU are gone from my sight but never from my heart. Rather than mourn your absence, I will be grateful for the friendship that we shared for more than ...
    4 years ago
  • - [image: Image result for animated merry christmas images]
    4 years ago
  • Creamy Dill & Salmon - *Prep/Total Time: 30 min. Makes: 6 servings* *1 salmon fillet (about 2 pounds)* *2 teaspoons lemon-pepper seasoning* *1 teaspoon onion salt* *1 ...
    6 years ago

Saturday, August 27, 2011

Froggy Fun

Sewing this friendly little frog isn't too big a jump -- even for a beginner.4. With dried lentils, loosely fill legs, then body (frog should be filled up but flexible).
By Jo Calvert
Diagrams by Vicky Elsom
Frog-patterned fabric by The Debbie Mumm Collection. Pattern at bottom of post
You'll need:
• 2 pieces of densely woven calico or cotton, each 26 cm (10-1/4 in) square, 1 for top and 1 for bottom
• 2 yellow sew-through buttons, 12 mm in diameter
• 2 black ball buttons, 8 mm in diameter
• matching thread
• dressmaker's marker
• pins
• approx 1 cup (250 mL) of dried lentils or split peas
To make:1. Enlarge pattern photostatically to make a grid of 2.5 cm (1-in) squares.
2. Cut out paper pattern. Lay on wrong side of top fabric; with marker, trace (don't cut). With edges even and right sides together, lay top fabric on bottom fabric. Pin perpendicular to traced line.
3. With small machine stitches and leaving open between notches, stitch top to bottom along line. Repeat if desired to reinforce. Trim seam allowance to 3 mm (1/8 in) and clip at corners and curves. Turn right side out
5. Turn under 3 mm around opening; slipstitch closed.
6. At each dot, hand-stitch 1 yellow button with black button on top.


2 comments:

  1. Hello Ms.Genie,
    Thank you for the frog pattern, it is different and seems real easy to make .
    I called Mrs. Carano to tell her the frog fabric was sold at two fabric stores - Hancock fabrics - Cloth World, I picked up a couple of yards and made one within a couple of hours , they can be made quicker after we cut out the patterns.
    I asked Mrs. Carano could I thank you and she said of course because she know you would like that .
    Thank you Ms. Genie
    Della

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thankyou Della.
    I liked the frog too.He's kind of cute. It was terrific that you found the exact right fabric. I will continue my search for crafts that seem right for Nanook's Society.

    Thanks again for the encouragement

    ReplyDelete

Through these open doors you are always welcome