My Blog List

  • CLIMATE CRISIS REPORT - *We now have the clearest picture yet of how different the world is today as a result of human-driven climate change. The most comprehensive report to da...
    2 years ago
  • - *Hello Nee my old friend,* *It's been two years now since I last heard from you. I hope you are well and very happy. I know I became a burden to you wit...
    2 years ago
  • - *YOU are gone from my sight but never from my heart. Rather than mourn your absence, I will be grateful for the friendship that we shared for more than ...
    4 years ago
  • - [image: Image result for animated merry christmas images]
    4 years ago
  • Creamy Dill & Salmon - *Prep/Total Time: 30 min. Makes: 6 servings* *1 salmon fillet (about 2 pounds)* *2 teaspoons lemon-pepper seasoning* *1 teaspoon onion salt* *1 ...
    6 years ago

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Ask Maxy

Dear Maxy ,
After a recent falling out with my roommates , I confided in my best friend , who told me her sorority sister was looking for a place .
Her friend called me and seemed adamant about wanting her own bedroom and bath . This meant the rent would be sky-high . My best friend didn't give her the details of what I wanted  , and I am on a budget .
Although I told her I would meet with her to apartment hunt , how do I let this girl know I'm not interested anymore ? I know this situation puts my best friend in an awkward   situation . She helped me find someone , and now I'm no longer interested .
Joy
Dear Joy,
You hav e to be honest with your friend and potential new roommate . Tell them you what you are looking for in a new place and exac tly what your parameters  are . Talk about the amount of rent you can afford (don't inflate the amount , either). Explain what you want in a space and a roommate 'BEFORE' you go apartment hunting . That's how you will find out if this woman is a match for you.
If all that has occured thus far is one-sided meaning the woman told you her desires , it's your turn to share yours . You have no reason to feel uncomfortable about that . Just state your terms  and see what happens . You may be pleasantly suprised .
Maxy

Dear Maxy,
My sister recently moved home with my parents , and she will not stop fighting with my mother . I am close to both my mother and  my sister , but they each constantly complains to me about each other . I want to help solve their problems , but I'm worried it will strain any relationship with them if I intervene.
How can I talk to them without causing more problems ?
Beverly
Dear Beverly ,
Talk to your dad about the two of you staging an intervention with your mother and sister .
Confront them together  , and tell them that you don't understand why they are constantly fighting .
Ask them to get to the bottom of their issues and choose to speak more respectfully to each other .
Maxy

Dear Maxy ,
I'm not an expert , but I recommend that "itching in KY" and other homeowners with bedbug problems  place their guests bed matteress in a full matteress cover or other non-penetrable  material with a zipped closure .
Fellow Kentuckian
Dear  Fellow ,
With bedbugs such a problem , it can't hurt to protect yourself before the critters move in .
Some of these matteress covers also protect against dust mites and allergens .
Maxy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Through these open doors you are always welcome