My Blog List

  • CLIMATE CRISIS REPORT - *We now have the clearest picture yet of how different the world is today as a result of human-driven climate change. The most comprehensive report to da...
    2 years ago
  • - *Hello Nee my old friend,* *It's been two years now since I last heard from you. I hope you are well and very happy. I know I became a burden to you wit...
    2 years ago
  • - *YOU are gone from my sight but never from my heart. Rather than mourn your absence, I will be grateful for the friendship that we shared for more than ...
    4 years ago
  • - [image: Image result for animated merry christmas images]
    4 years ago
  • Creamy Dill & Salmon - *Prep/Total Time: 30 min. Makes: 6 servings* *1 salmon fillet (about 2 pounds)* *2 teaspoons lemon-pepper seasoning* *1 teaspoon onion salt* *1 ...
    6 years ago

Monday, June 20, 2011

Blueberry Buckle - Fresh picked Summer Blueberries

 By: Carol Dolan 
This recipe came from my grandmother. As children, my sister and I remember going to Pennsylvania for blueberry picking. Mother taught us to pick only perfect berries, and those gems went into this wonderful recipe. --Carol Dolan Mt. Laurel, New Jersey"
 Cook Time:
40 Min -  Ready In:1 Hr


Ingredients
  • 1/4 cup butter, softened
  • 3/4 cup sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 cup milk
  • 2 cups fresh blueberries
  • TOPPING:
  • 2/3 cup sugar
  • 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 1/3 cup cold butter

Directions

  1. In a small mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar. Beat in the egg. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk. Fold in the blueberries. Pour into greased 9-in. square baking pan.
  2. For topping, combine the sugar, flour and cinnamon in a bowl; cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over blueberry mixture. Bake at 375 degrees F for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Soooo good.

31 comments:

  1. Hi Cutie... what you doing ... feels strange but I like it , seems like old times.
    How's your weather ?? We are under a thunderstorm, tornado watch...but what else is new down here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sure is differant from our usual chat method

    ReplyDelete
  3. Weather is great; a little rain is forecast for tonight.
    You better batten down your hatches.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have good luck,the tornadoes will miss you by miles.

    Put a spell on them; turn them into gentle drafts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I won't be able to talk for long tonight. I have an early doctor's appointment. So I will hang with you until 12:00 Am my time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope I haven't made a mistake and come to the wrong blog. I am having a nice conversation with myself here.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello again Witchy. I hope the tornado gives you a big miss.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have a post for you if you want it for FTBB

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is a scary thing to have to worry about because they are bigger and more fierce these days.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sure, I appreciate every help I can get.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You had 7 comments come thru at one time after mine..your first was 9:35 my time.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is about a tornado derailing 13 cars on a train.. I will sent it in my next comment.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I wonder why they all came at once

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nebraska massive tornado rips train off tracks ...13 freifgt cars captured on video ..

    I can't do the videos good on FTBB they are 2 big.

    ReplyDelete
  15. That sounds like another fierce tornado. Very scary stuff. Where did it happen?

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yes I always have to reduce the size when I out vids on FTBB

    ReplyDelete
  17. You mean they caught the derailment on video??wow!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I don't know ...maybe we are suppose to stay on IM...Hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  19. Yes they caught it ...Nebraska

    ReplyDelete
  20. This method of chatting takes more time. Not quite so convenient. I have to keep refreshing my page

    ReplyDelete
  21. I look forward to seeing the video.Do you get scared when you get a tornado warning?

    ReplyDelete
  22. You know in a way I like IM better now , I don't have to wait so ling for my notes to go through ...what about you??

    ReplyDelete
  23. Yes I get scared , depending on how close it is .

    ReplyDelete
  24. Yes I do prefer IM. But I don't really care how I get my dose of Witchy. As long as I get it.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I am still on IM ...you want to go back ???? It will be 12 your time before I can ask you how your feet .

    ReplyDelete
  26. Lets go back to IM ...I have something to tell you , kinda cute, something Dad asked me .

    ReplyDelete
  27. Brian's vacation starts on Friday for two weeks. I am looking forward to it. I am not feeling too well this week. Hope I perk up by Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Sure let's go back to IM if you have really personal stuff to talk about.

    ReplyDelete
  29. I am on my way ...see you there.

    ReplyDelete

Through these open doors you are always welcome