My Blog List

  • CLIMATE CRISIS REPORT - *We now have the clearest picture yet of how different the world is today as a result of human-driven climate change. The most comprehensive report to da...
    2 years ago
  • - *Hello Nee my old friend,* *It's been two years now since I last heard from you. I hope you are well and very happy. I know I became a burden to you wit...
    2 years ago
  • - *YOU are gone from my sight but never from my heart. Rather than mourn your absence, I will be grateful for the friendship that we shared for more than ...
    4 years ago
  • - [image: Image result for animated merry christmas images]
    4 years ago
  • Creamy Dill & Salmon - *Prep/Total Time: 30 min. Makes: 6 servings* *1 salmon fillet (about 2 pounds)* *2 teaspoons lemon-pepper seasoning* *1 teaspoon onion salt* *1 ...
    6 years ago

Thursday, June 9, 2011

Ask Maxy

Dear Maxy,
I am so frustrated . I have been working with a young man for several months now,and while he has a huge heart, he is extremely limited when it comes to basic skills . He came to me as an intern, and now I pay him a small salary . I have also been working with him, trying to teach him grammer  and sentence structure , I have also been working to help him create checklists so that he completes his tasks in a timely manner.
I believe that he must have developmental disabilities . I cannot understand  what other reason there could be for his inability to process  basic tasks. I want him to succeed . But he makes so many mistakes, I don't know if I can continue  employing him  > How should I  handle this ?
Amelia
Dear Amelia ,
It is wonderful that you have taken this man under your wing  and that you are working so hard to help him develop his skills . I hope that you are also constantly talking to him in an uplifting way about  areas where he can focus more of his attention so that he can succeed. That said , you also must pay attention to your bottom line. If the mistakes he makes are actually hurting your business , you should  first look to see if he can fulfill a different function that doesn't  require the skills he has yet to master. If you are unable to to place him in a role that matches  your needs and his skill set , you may not be able to  keep him in your employ .
When the day comes that you have to let him go , be sure that you have armed him with as much support as you possibly can . You may also want to talk to him about his future goals and do your best to help him find a job that will help him reach his next level of success.
Maxy

Dear Maxy,
The other day , one of my old friends stopped by my house uninvited and when he came in , my house wasn't tidy . I didn't want to let him in because my home wasn't ready for company . But  he's my friend  so I let him in . He starting dissing me really bad , calling me a slob and stuff . I didn't appreciate that . Now he's blabbing to everyone who will listen to him about my place . What can I do ?
Mike
Dear Mike ,
Let's deal with first things first . If you clean your house , you won't be vulnerable to anyone talking about how messy it is . Make that your primary focus . But also contact your  "friend" and tell him you don't appreciate him talking about your home . Remind him that friends support each other . They don't stab each other in the back .
Maxy

Dear Maxy,
I associate with some older gentlemen through my church . Many of them have nose hairs and eyebrows so long you could comb them . Why aren't their wives telling them  to take care of this ? It is repulsive for those of us to look up at them  while conversing . Ladies , please be helpmates to your husbands.
Cathy
Dear Cathy ,
We have to assume these men do not realize they have hairs hanging from unattractve places, and it's possible no one around them is willing to bring up the issue . And at some point, the eyesight can weaken, and these hairs are not noticed . I urge people to take care of their personal grooming since it makes an impression, justified or not, and if you need a magnification mirror, get one.
Maxy

2 comments:

  1. Hi Nee. I am trying in as many ways as I can to let you know I won't be online tonight. I am at Jaye's. She is sick and I am helping her out. I have IM'd you and emailed you also. Hope one of the messages gets to you. Will miss our chat and catch you tomorrow....Luv and hugs Jeannie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Cutie ... I got all three of my messages .
    Take care of Jaye ...hope she is feeling better and will be her old self soon .
    Take care of your baby ...I answered you on all three..IM..e-mail / here .
    I will miss you , but Jaye comes first ...we can always talk .
    LUV Ya right back ...NEE

    ReplyDelete

Through these open doors you are always welcome