My Blog List

  • CLIMATE CRISIS REPORT - *We now have the clearest picture yet of how different the world is today as a result of human-driven climate change. The most comprehensive report to da...
    2 years ago
  • - *Hello Nee my old friend,* *It's been two years now since I last heard from you. I hope you are well and very happy. I know I became a burden to you wit...
    2 years ago
  • - *YOU are gone from my sight but never from my heart. Rather than mourn your absence, I will be grateful for the friendship that we shared for more than ...
    4 years ago
  • - [image: Image result for animated merry christmas images]
    4 years ago
  • Creamy Dill & Salmon - *Prep/Total Time: 30 min. Makes: 6 servings* *1 salmon fillet (about 2 pounds)* *2 teaspoons lemon-pepper seasoning* *1 teaspoon onion salt* *1 ...
    6 years ago

Thursday, June 2, 2011

Ask Maxy

Dear  Maxy,
My friends are throwing an after-prom party , and I know alcohol will be available .
I want to go hang out with my friends , but I don't drink and don't know if it would be fun to hang around with people who are drinking. Should I  go to my friends' after-prom party ? Or should my date and I just do something on our own ?
Sienna
Dear Sienna,
You know the answer already . Don't go to the party where you will feel uncomfortable . Sure, your friends may attempt to ostracize you because you choose not to hang with the , but you can endure that.
It's best for you and your date to plan an after-prom activity where you can enjoy each other safely .
Pay attention to your peers . I bet you will discover that other students are also eager to explore other after-prom ideas and options . Why not be the one to lead the way and create a fun event that does not involve alcohol but will be memorable ?
Maxy

Dear Maxy , I'm taking night classes at a local community college, and I think my professor is hitting on me . I'm in my late 20s. I know I'm an adult  , but isn't it sexaul harassment ? He makes lewd comments sometimes when I come to  class . How do I make him stop ?
Carlesse
Dear Carlesse.
Start by talking to your professor after class . It may be difficult to muster  the courage to face him , but you can do so . Firmly tell him that it is hard for you to focus on your work when he makes the comments he has been making to you. Tell him that you would appreciate it if he would teach you rather than taunt you .
If he pretends he doesn't know what you're talking about , look him squarely in the eye and re-enforce your desire for him to teach you the subject matter, period. If he continues with his inappropriate behavior, report him to the college administration .
Maxy

Dear Maxy,
I work for a small company, and like many others, we've had cutbacks , layoffs and reduced benifits .
One co-worker uses her time to manage her personal life . She does very little work . She is constantly texting, writing e-mails to friends and updating her blog , and she blatantly lies about the length of time she takes for a lunch break.
The company is paying her to do nothing , while others have lost their jobs . How far up the corporate chain should I take this without risking my job ?
Frustrated
Dear Frustrated,
If your company has a Human Resources department, you can register a complaint there . It's possible this woman has some kind of  "protected' status . While it isn't fair, you cannot force  management to get rid of her . The best  you can do is focus on your own job and try to ignore her .
Maxy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Through these open doors you are always welcome