My Blog List

  • CLIMATE CRISIS REPORT - *We now have the clearest picture yet of how different the world is today as a result of human-driven climate change. The most comprehensive report to da...
    2 years ago
  • - *Hello Nee my old friend,* *It's been two years now since I last heard from you. I hope you are well and very happy. I know I became a burden to you wit...
    2 years ago
  • - *YOU are gone from my sight but never from my heart. Rather than mourn your absence, I will be grateful for the friendship that we shared for more than ...
    4 years ago
  • - [image: Image result for animated merry christmas images]
    4 years ago
  • Creamy Dill & Salmon - *Prep/Total Time: 30 min. Makes: 6 servings* *1 salmon fillet (about 2 pounds)* *2 teaspoons lemon-pepper seasoning* *1 teaspoon onion salt* *1 ...
    6 years ago

Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Five Star Nursing Homes...Not all They are Cracked up to Be






In 2011, Ken Chandler brought his elderly mother to a nursing home that had Medicare’s seal of approval, a five-star rating. After a series of troubling events there, Mr. Chandler now feels misled.


4 comments:

  1. Mr. Chandler was misled .
    Lots of the staff is not well qualified , some are rejects form the nursing profession .
    Lots of people has to put their elderly in nursing homes because they can't give them the adequate care they need for one reason or another .
    They know medical care is short on staff . The ones making the big bucks should get off their butts and see to things going right ... or maybe they are just thinking about the big bucks .
    I do so hope Mr. Chandler take this farther .
    Good awareness post PIC.
    Luv

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is so easy to get people to trust these kinds of institutions. And they take advantage of that trust. The old people are sometimes too feeble minded to know they are being abused and they don't complain. Nursing homes can get away with lots of stuff and I don't think they have enough laws governing them.

    I wish we could do more PIC
    Luv ya

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am a firm believable , the most important part is getting it out there ... if only one reader tell someone and they tell two people and on up the line , the voices will be heard .

      I started out as an environmentalist with only a few people and it all started from a post you did and just look how many people's lives I have touch ... just give me your voice .... someone will pick this up and run with it . Word of mouth is more powerful than money .
      I know ... my people and I made it happen and we are becoming a force to be reckon with .
      You are doing good ... you are putting the word out .

      Luv ya PIC

      Delete
  3. Hallelujah!!!!
    You're right PIC. You created an amazing group of people from nothing. We probably do more good than we realize, just by keeping people informed.

    Sweet dreams and goodnight my friend
    PIC

    ReplyDelete

Through these open doors you are always welcome