My Blog List

  • CLIMATE CRISIS REPORT - *We now have the clearest picture yet of how different the world is today as a result of human-driven climate change. The most comprehensive report to da...
    2 years ago
  • - *Hello Nee my old friend,* *It's been two years now since I last heard from you. I hope you are well and very happy. I know I became a burden to you wit...
    2 years ago
  • - *YOU are gone from my sight but never from my heart. Rather than mourn your absence, I will be grateful for the friendship that we shared for more than ...
    4 years ago
  • - [image: Image result for animated merry christmas images]
    4 years ago
  • Creamy Dill & Salmon - *Prep/Total Time: 30 min. Makes: 6 servings* *1 salmon fillet (about 2 pounds)* *2 teaspoons lemon-pepper seasoning* *1 teaspoon onion salt* *1 ...
    6 years ago

Friday, March 21, 2014

The Lesson ( To remind me of summer in this endless winter)

In a long ago time, in a far away place,
A young girl reposed with the warmth on her face of summer's Old Sol.
And on the breeze, with such grace, a butterfly danced
A ballet of freedom amid the leaves and the lace.

In a dazzle of hues, it waltzed on the air,
Dipping and darting and devil may care,
It whispered a challenge; come dance and be free,
A butterfly dare

Dappled leaves gently swayed; an enchanted green glade,
The young girl watched from the filigreed shade.
She arose and she danced; she opened herself.
Pirouetted and pranced, a nimble woodland elf.

Her spirit was lifted, released with a sigh.
On butterfly wings, she soared  to the sky.
She danced with abandon; she set herself free.
She danced for the wonder of all she could be.

She glanced as the butterfly paused on a flower,
Fluttered once and departed the lovely green bower.
She smiled , blew a kiss, a grateful goodbye,
For a lesson in freedom from a small butterfly.

The Genie

2 comments:

  1. Butterfly ,
    Beautiful poem .
    Butterflys seemed so free and happy . I have a book about butterflys there s a poem in it so similar to yours .
    I called you butterfly because you needed to spread your wings .
    I will look up the one I am speaking off when I have time .
    It is go go here right now .

    Again I say it s a beautiful poem .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you HB. I am honored by your praise. I would love to see the butterfly poem if you choose to post it.
    I bet it is quite hectic at your home right now. It's exciting too. Those boys seem so well prepared already. I know you are proud and will enjoy yourself.
    Love and best wishes
    Butterfly

    ReplyDelete

Through these open doors you are always welcome