My Blog List

  • CLIMATE CRISIS REPORT - *We now have the clearest picture yet of how different the world is today as a result of human-driven climate change. The most comprehensive report to da...
    2 years ago
  • - *Hello Nee my old friend,* *It's been two years now since I last heard from you. I hope you are well and very happy. I know I became a burden to you wit...
    2 years ago
  • - *YOU are gone from my sight but never from my heart. Rather than mourn your absence, I will be grateful for the friendship that we shared for more than ...
    4 years ago
  • - [image: Image result for animated merry christmas images]
    4 years ago
  • Creamy Dill & Salmon - *Prep/Total Time: 30 min. Makes: 6 servings* *1 salmon fillet (about 2 pounds)* *2 teaspoons lemon-pepper seasoning* *1 teaspoon onion salt* *1 ...
    6 years ago

Sunday, March 9, 2014

12 Healthy Habits

If you want to feel great and lose weight sensibly, it may benefit you to overhaul your lifestyle and see where your daily habits can be improved.

Edamame

Healthy Habit #1: Eat More Vegetables and Fruit

Dive into the first Healthy Habits challenge: add at least 3 servings of vegetables and fruit to your daily diet.
                                       
Bicycle

Healthy Habit #2: Add More Cardio

The second Healthy Habits challenge is to work out at least 3 times a week. Find a cardio guide, nutrition tips, and coaching advice to help reach your goals.


Moroccan Chickpea Stew Recipe

Healthy Habit #3: Cook More!

The third Healthy Habits challenge is to cook at least 3 meals more per week than you are now, even if that means cooking breakfast or lunch (for freezing, maybe).
                                          

Whole Wheat Bread with Peanut Butter

Healthy Habit #4: Go for Whole Grains!

The fourth Healthy Habits challenge is to eat three more servings of whole grains each day.

Cereal with Berries and Milk

Healthy Habit #5: Eat Breakfast Daily

Find ways to kick-start the day with new, creative breakfast ideas for the fifth Healthy Habits goal.

Assorted Kettleballs

Healthy Habit#6: Get Stronger!

In month 6 of our 12 Healthy Habits challenge, the focus turns to building muscle.

Salmon Plate

Healthy Habit #7: Eat More Healthy Fats

The seventh Healthy Habits challenge: Learn how to add heart-healthy fats to your diet.


Roasted Vegetable and Ricotto Pizza
Healthy Habit #8: Go Meatless!
The eighth Healthy Habits challenge: Go meatless one day a week for all three meals.


Seared Scallops with Lemony Sweet Pea Relish Recipe

Healthy Habit#9: Eat More Fish!

The ninth Healthy Habits goal: Make seafood the centerpiece of two meals a week.


Eat Less Salt

Healthy Habit #10: Eat Less Salt!

The tenth Healthy Habits challenge: Eat less salt. Our simple guide to cutting back on America's favorite seasoning.


Properly Portioned Plate

Healthy Habit #11: Be Portion Aware

The eleventh Healthy Habits challenge: Be portion aware. Find simple strategies that can help you eat a little less—without even thinking.

                                         
Gingerbread Cookies

Healthy Habit #12: Eat smart, Be Thankful for good health

The twelfth Healthy Habits challenge: Eat mindfully, be thankful. Learn two ways—in this busy season and throughout the year—to find joy in food and to share that joy with others.

3 comments:

  1. Hi PIC ,
    Those are good healthy habits to follow ... I grew up following all those habits , at that time I didn't realize what good things I was doing for my body ...as you know , I'm diabetic and I do so think that is one of the reasons I can keep my diabetes under control .
    Good post
    luv PIC

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know that's the reason you can control your Diabetes. You had good teachers. It's also the reason you are still young and beautiful.
    Luv PIC

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahahaha !!!
    Girl you are just too funny .

    I did have some good teachers and now I am trying to teach my kids .
    Luv PIC

    ReplyDelete

Through these open doors you are always welcome