My Blog List

  • CLIMATE CRISIS REPORT - *We now have the clearest picture yet of how different the world is today as a result of human-driven climate change. The most comprehensive report to da...
    2 years ago
  • - *Hello Nee my old friend,* *It's been two years now since I last heard from you. I hope you are well and very happy. I know I became a burden to you wit...
    2 years ago
  • - *YOU are gone from my sight but never from my heart. Rather than mourn your absence, I will be grateful for the friendship that we shared for more than ...
    4 years ago
  • - [image: Image result for animated merry christmas images]
    4 years ago
  • Creamy Dill & Salmon - *Prep/Total Time: 30 min. Makes: 6 servings* *1 salmon fillet (about 2 pounds)* *2 teaspoons lemon-pepper seasoning* *1 teaspoon onion salt* *1 ...
    6 years ago

Friday, August 9, 2013

Bush Has Been Pruned....All in a good cause


George HW Bush shaved his head in solidarity with cancer stricken toddler


President George H.W. Bush with his U.S. Secret Service Protective Detail (and Patrick!)
The former president, 89, recently shaved his head to show his support for Patrick, the two-year-old son of a member of his Bush's Secret Service who has leukaemia.
Bush's spokesperson, Jim McGrath, tweeted the photo of the former president's new 'do yesterday.

Bush said it was very easy for him to do. Bush's daughter, Robin, died of the same disease in 1953, when she was just 4 years old. And he wasn't the only one to lose his hair in solidarity with the sick toddler undergoing chemotherapy. Members of the Bush Protective Division are also bald, and are organizing a 50-mile motorcycle ride through Maine to help pay for Patrick's medical bills.
They also launched the website Patrick's Pals to help financially support the young cancer fighter.
Patrick's prognosis is "good," McGrath said yesterday.

It's heart warming to hear that good deeds are being done by good people . It helps to soften some of the harsher things in this mean old world that we have to tolerate every day. Why don't you go to Patrick's website and see what you can do?

2 comments:

  1. Good post Pic .
    Between the two of us we will get the word out HUH ???

    I posted this on SHs , July 24th .
    What a wonderful thing for all of them to do .
    Most people is basically good , you just only hear about the bad people more .

    I rounded up 23 people to go to patrick's website and they said they will get 2 each and see if they can get it to snowball so far they tell me it's going good .
    I got a lot of shakers down here ... Hahahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is awesome PIC. Great job!
    I hope all of the people you rounded up pay it forward and keep the ripples going. If people only realized how wonderful you feel when you do something good for another human being, I bet we would have more good deeds than we could count.

    Once again,PIC, I am so impressed with what you have done for Patrick...

    Lotsa luv...PIC

    ReplyDelete

Through these open doors you are always welcome