My Blog List

  • CLIMATE CRISIS REPORT - *We now have the clearest picture yet of how different the world is today as a result of human-driven climate change. The most comprehensive report to da...
    2 years ago
  • - *Hello Nee my old friend,* *It's been two years now since I last heard from you. I hope you are well and very happy. I know I became a burden to you wit...
    2 years ago
  • - *YOU are gone from my sight but never from my heart. Rather than mourn your absence, I will be grateful for the friendship that we shared for more than ...
    4 years ago
  • - [image: Image result for animated merry christmas images]
    4 years ago
  • Creamy Dill & Salmon - *Prep/Total Time: 30 min. Makes: 6 servings* *1 salmon fillet (about 2 pounds)* *2 teaspoons lemon-pepper seasoning* *1 teaspoon onion salt* *1 ...
    6 years ago

Sunday, January 22, 2012


Materials
  • 1 or 2 fat quarters, depending on whether your cozy front and back and lining are the same fabric or not.
  • Felt shapes
  • Stranded cotton to match fabric and/or felt shapes
  • Batting
  • Calico (I didn’t use any but may use some next time)
Instructions
Measure your teapot around the widest part.
Now measure it around its height from side to side.
Divide both measurements by 2 and add 1.5 inches to each.
Mt teapot is 24 around by 17 high. This translates into a half circle which is 14 wide and 11.5 high.
Make a pattern with the measurements.
My pattern was half a circle. Then I placed both fabrics right side together, folded them and placed the flat long edge of the pattern on the fabrics folded side. Then I cut around it with my rotary cutter.
When finished cutting you need to have 2 pieces from the fabric, 2 pieces from the lining, 2 pieces from batting and 2 from calico, if using calico.
Make a quilt sandwich with the outside fabric, the batting and the calico (if using, otherwise just use the fabric and the batting).
I only used fabric and batting and the sandwich didn’t seem to move as easily on the machine. I’ll try with some calico batting next time.
Quilt as you wish. I used stipple quilting.
If you wish you can make a handle for the top of the cozy. I used 2 felt flowers cut in half.
Place the quilted pieces right side together, place the handle in the middle facing the flat part of the pieces and pin in place.
Stitch around with half an inch seam around the curved edges of the cozy.
Now attach any felt shapes you’re going to use to the quilted side just before the lining is added.
Make the lining
Place the lining with right sides together, pin in place and stitch around the curved part with half an inch seam allowance.
Leave a 4 inch opening at the top so that the cozy can be turned inside out.
Pin the lining to the cozy, like in the photo below, right sides together.
Stitch all around the flat part leaving half an inch seam allowance.
Turn cozy inside out through the opening in the lining. and press the lower edge flat.
Slipstich the lining opening.
VoilĂ !

No comments:

Post a Comment

Through these open doors you are always welcome