My Blog List

  • CLIMATE CRISIS REPORT - *We now have the clearest picture yet of how different the world is today as a result of human-driven climate change. The most comprehensive report to da...
    2 years ago
  • - *Hello Nee my old friend,* *It's been two years now since I last heard from you. I hope you are well and very happy. I know I became a burden to you wit...
    2 years ago
  • - *YOU are gone from my sight but never from my heart. Rather than mourn your absence, I will be grateful for the friendship that we shared for more than ...
    4 years ago
  • - [image: Image result for animated merry christmas images]
    4 years ago
  • Creamy Dill & Salmon - *Prep/Total Time: 30 min. Makes: 6 servings* *1 salmon fillet (about 2 pounds)* *2 teaspoons lemon-pepper seasoning* *1 teaspoon onion salt* *1 ...
    6 years ago

Thursday, January 26, 2012

Ask Maxy

DEar Maxy,
In respose to "Democracy Challenged" stated that "everyone hated Obama ." While lots of people do not appreciate President Obama (I'm convinved that for many it is simply because he is only half white) , he is not hated by everyone . He is intelligent , hardworking and creative . He has lived the American dream . He has made his way from lower middle class to the epitome of power and stature . All Americans , with our many ethnic origins , should be in ewe of his achievements . He is 100 percent of what we Americans are supposed to stand for and believe In .
Truth Seeker
Dear Truth Seeker ,
Superlatives always (ha) get people in trouble . Saying that "everybody" does anything is inaccurate , even for the most consistant among us . In this case , using the collective "everyone" to espouse a view about a president is clearly a generalization , and a dangerous one at that . You bring up a point worth considering for those on either side of the po;itical fence ... the unique background of President Obama . It is true that his story is the American dream come true . This may also be why some are so pained by him now .
No human being is a magician . Obama is out president . I reccomend checking out his record of accomplishments to decide if he is fulfilling his promises and your vision of the American dream. I encourage you to look much futher .(www.obamaachievements.org/list) ... also I recommand a nonpartisan organization called Project Vote Smart (www.votesmart.org)
Maxy

Dear Maxy ,
I lost a contract last year with a client who has been very consistent for a long time . Rather than be mad , I would lke very much to get the client back . Do you think it's a good idea to stay in touch ? I sent a holiday card . I thought I also might pitch the client ideas like I used to do . I don't want to become annoying , but I do want the client to remember me . What do you think ?
Persistant
Dear Persistant ,
You are smart to not simply walk away . I'm wondering if you know why you lost the contract . That is an important thing for you to figure out . If your work did not meet the client's expections , you will need to brush up on your skills .
If the client had to cut back due to budget reasons , consider pitching and acknowledging that you are willing to work for less money . Go for it .
Maxy

Dear Maxy,
My husband and I are in our early 50s . We have been married for one year and have not been intimate for six months . Until he transferred to a second shift job , our bedroom was exciting . Now I'm not allowed to touch him . Anything more than a hug and he pushes me away . I missed how we once were . He says he hasn't been feeling well but refuses to see a doctor or counselor .
If he's not willing to discuss this further , it's hard to know what to do or think . I love him dearly , and he tells me he loves me , too , but with all these mixed signals , I'm not so sure . Any ideas?
Beauty
Dear Beauty ,
It's possible the job switch is exhausting for him , or there may be something at work that is making him unwell . Or he could have met someone else on his new shift . There are other possibilities , b ut if he refuses to see a doctor or a counselor , it means he prefers to leave things as they are , and this is unacceptable . Please see a counselor .
Maxy

3 comments:

  1. Dear Maxy,
    I am so sorry that I didn't post you. Your Aunt Sassy will tell you that my memory sucks big time. I was going to say that lightning struck my computer. But the truth is always the best way to go. I just forgot, probably about five minutes after she told me.
    I didn't remember until I got home tonight.To make up for it I will give you an extra cookie.
    Please let me know if Aunt Sassy is mad at me so I can go hide in the bathroom.

    Love you, the Genie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maxy, I don't think Obama's rise to his high office from his lowly origins is why people get angry at the President.
    Americans have always liked that kind of thing. It proves that if he can do it any of us can do it.That's why America is so wonderful.
    A lot of people expected him to perform miracles. He stepped into the job when the country was rife with problems left by the last administration and the American people were sliding into a deep recession.He took it on and proceeded to do his best to pull the country up by it's boot straps. He mananged to stop the slide but could not restore the economy overnight. People have no patience. They want everything now. That's the way we are conditioned.
    Another reason some people don't want him as president is that old taboo subject, racism. Racists don't want an Afican American making decisions that affect them and their lives.
    Well that's my view, anyway...The Genie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sassy is not mad ... she sazys she understand ... she also forgets .

    ReplyDelete

Through these open doors you are always welcome