My Blog List

  • CLIMATE CRISIS REPORT - *We now have the clearest picture yet of how different the world is today as a result of human-driven climate change. The most comprehensive report to da...
    2 years ago
  • - *Hello Nee my old friend,* *It's been two years now since I last heard from you. I hope you are well and very happy. I know I became a burden to you wit...
    2 years ago
  • - *YOU are gone from my sight but never from my heart. Rather than mourn your absence, I will be grateful for the friendship that we shared for more than ...
    4 years ago
  • - [image: Image result for animated merry christmas images]
    4 years ago
  • Creamy Dill & Salmon - *Prep/Total Time: 30 min. Makes: 6 servings* *1 salmon fillet (about 2 pounds)* *2 teaspoons lemon-pepper seasoning* *1 teaspoon onion salt* *1 ...
    6 years ago

Thursday, January 5, 2012


Dear Maxy ,
My daughter got lice at school , and I am outraged . I thought her school was a clean , good educational institution . I have come to learn that there was a whole lice outbreak . How could this have happened ?
Buggy
Dear Buggy ,
Please know your daughter's school is likely not the culprit for the lice . My research suggests that these insects , which live off of human blood , can infest any person . While some suggest that lice prefer clean hair (believe it or not) , other research suggests they just like to get in the hair and to the scalp . Your school should alert you if your child or others in class have lice so that you can carefully check your child's head .
The bigger recommendation , though , is for families to check all family members' heads , because lice do not discriminate based on age .
You don't need to leave your school or blame the administrators for this outbreak . You can be vigilant at home . You can also encourage your daughter not to use other children's combs or brushes , for any reason . For more information : biotech.law.lsu.edu/cphl/practice/lice/hl-myths.htm.
Maxy
Dear Maxy,
My father-in-law loves to talk politics , but we don't share the sames views . The truth is , he likes to hear himself talk . I can go along, but only so far . When he starts in with some of his ideas , I have to either say something about my own beliefs or walk away. Either way , it causes friction between my wife and me and ends up being a mess . How can I handle myself better with him.
Tired of Fussing
Dear Fussing,
The best thing you can do for yourself is to recognize that your father-in-law is who he is and is unlikely to change . Yes , he has his views , but you don't need to be attached to them or to yours . Without attachment , you can react with greater ease . So when he gets going , you can joke and say , "You're on a roll now , aren't you , Pops!" That may indicate to him that he's overly revved up .
You can also say , "OK , this is my cue to take a walk," and then step away . There's nothing wrong with removing yourself from a tense situation . The trick is to handle it gracefully so you don't leave a puff of smoke behind you . Give yourself space from your father-in-law when you need it . And remember , there's no need for you to fight with him over his views .
Maxy
Dear Maxy ,
"Clay" and I are both 23 and have been friends for a while . Lately , I've noticed that Clay is dating younger and younger girls . He seems to go for the ones under 18 . His current girlfriend is going to be 15 soon . Clay told me that he meets them in chat rooms specifically for teens . I've been trying to find a way to talk to him about this , and I finally said that I can't support his choices . I told him if he messes up his life , it's his problem and I will not defend him . He claims he likes dating younger girls and is always careful . I don't know what to say anymore . If he gets arrested , it's his own fault .
Please Help .
Dear Please Help ,
Clay is being exceedingly reckless by stalking young teenage girls . If Clay has sex with these girls he can possibly be sent to prison , though it's possible it's the risk that excites him .There may be underlying reasons for his inability to be attracted to adult women , but unless he is willing to address that , there's not much you can do for him . But if you know what chat rooms he is using , you can notify the servers . If you are aware he is having sex with these girls , you can report him to the authorities .
Maxy

2 comments:

  1. Good advice Maxy. Keep up the good work.
    Difficult call on the guy who prefers young girls.He is a potential pedophile.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thankyou ....
    Trying my best after the holidays ...I over ate as usual .

    Bark , bark , Bark

    ReplyDelete

Through these open doors you are always welcome