My Blog List

  • CLIMATE CRISIS REPORT - *We now have the clearest picture yet of how different the world is today as a result of human-driven climate change. The most comprehensive report to da...
    2 years ago
  • - *Hello Nee my old friend,* *It's been two years now since I last heard from you. I hope you are well and very happy. I know I became a burden to you wit...
    2 years ago
  • - *YOU are gone from my sight but never from my heart. Rather than mourn your absence, I will be grateful for the friendship that we shared for more than ...
    4 years ago
  • - [image: Image result for animated merry christmas images]
    4 years ago
  • Creamy Dill & Salmon - *Prep/Total Time: 30 min. Makes: 6 servings* *1 salmon fillet (about 2 pounds)* *2 teaspoons lemon-pepper seasoning* *1 teaspoon onion salt* *1 ...
    6 years ago

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Ask Maxy

Dear Maxy ,
I notice the other day that one of the secretaries at my company was taking toliet paper out of the bathroom and stuffing it in her bag . I found that a little odd. So I started watching her , and I am concerned , because it looks like she may be in a bit of trouble . She looks less and less together in her physical appearance . I'm wondering if she is homeless or if something else if happening to her .
Compassionate Co-Worker
Dear Compassionate Co-Worker ,
Invite this woman to tea one afternoon , In a private setting away from co-workers , ask if she is OK. Tell her you have notice something's different . Acknowledge that you saw her taking toliet paper . Nudge her a little to talk about what's happening . Ask her if she needs help . She may not answer , but at least she will know someone cares about her and that she should be mindful of taking company property .
Maxy
Dear Maxy ,
My best friend had a terrible night . She called to tell me that she got crazy drunk while ahe was at a party . She called a friend to take her home , and her friend later filled her in with all the details . When she told me about it , she was telling her friend's story ; she had blacked out and didn't remember anything . This isn't the first time my girl has gotten trashed and not remember the night before when she woke up in the morning . I love her so much and want her to be healthy . What can I do to help her ? I know she trusts me . That's why she called to tell me to tell me what happened to her . But how can I really be there for her .
Best Friend
Dear Best Friend,
The best-friend role is extremely important , and it includes sometimes having to stand up and say tough things . Right now , your role is account to your friend what her behavior has been like in the recent past ... not in a way that suggests you're keeping score , but as a reflection of her life . Suggest that she go to Alcoholics Annoymous to get free support . Do the the research and find a meeting near her workplace or home .( alcoholics annoymous.com) Get her to a meeting .
Maxy

2 comments:

  1. Really good advice Maxy. Way to go
    Right on Sassy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thankyou ,

    Just a reminder ... I am the 'Head Huncho' here . [giggles]

    Dr. Maxy

    ReplyDelete

Through these open doors you are always welcome