My Blog List

  • CLIMATE CRISIS REPORT - *We now have the clearest picture yet of how different the world is today as a result of human-driven climate change. The most comprehensive report to da...
    2 years ago
  • - *Hello Nee my old friend,* *It's been two years now since I last heard from you. I hope you are well and very happy. I know I became a burden to you wit...
    2 years ago
  • - *YOU are gone from my sight but never from my heart. Rather than mourn your absence, I will be grateful for the friendship that we shared for more than ...
    4 years ago
  • - [image: Image result for animated merry christmas images]
    4 years ago
  • Creamy Dill & Salmon - *Prep/Total Time: 30 min. Makes: 6 servings* *1 salmon fillet (about 2 pounds)* *2 teaspoons lemon-pepper seasoning* *1 teaspoon onion salt* *1 ...
    6 years ago

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Aging Is An Attitude

There are things we can do to keep from feeling old . Exercise , eat well, have love in our lives , be of service . But probably the most important way to feel young is to remember that 'Age Is An Attitude.' How we think about aging determines how we feel about it .

I know a lady that is very young . She is seventy-nine years old . What makes her young ? She is enthusiastic about almost everything , is still working in her profession , is sincerely interested in other people and since she continues to be open minded about new ideas , is learning fresh things all the time . Best of all she is fun to be around .

You may think she has a great attitude because her life has been easy . No . Her first child died in infancy , three of her five children had polio at the same time and one was left crippled , money has always been tight , and she , too , has physical challenges . But her attitude is "Aren't I lucky ! Isn't it fun to be alived ."
When we have the courage to move through any fears we may have about aging and find answers to the questions that bother us , whether they are of a spiritual or physcial nature , we can then have the peace of mind to age with an attitude of gratitude and expectancy .
************************************************************************
Words Of Wisdom :
I love and accept the age I am now , I feel vital , enthusiatic and energetic , I have the courage to face my fears about aging and share them with people I trust.Each day I give the physical , emotional , mental , and spiritual aspects of my being loving attention . I have the courage and discipline to live a balanced life . I enjoy being fine tuned .I love and appreciate , I am thankful for my body , which is my vehicle for moving through life .I highlight the positives of being ----years old . I enjoy and celebrate myself . I love who I am and who I am becoming .

2 comments:

  1. So very true. I am going to print a copy for Nana. She might get something from it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope so .
    You will have to ease it on her .
    She is lonely and thinks most people have deserted her .So she finds solace in her books and television .

    ReplyDelete

Through these open doors you are always welcome