My Blog List

  • - * It's been five years since I have heard from you my friend. You are often on my mind and always in my heart. Wherever you are, I hope you are safe, hea...
    1 week ago
  • CLIMATE CRISIS REPORT - *We now have the clearest picture yet of how different the world is today as a result of human-driven climate change. The most comprehensive report to da...
    2 years ago
  • - *Hello Nee my old friend,* *It's been two years now since I last heard from you. I hope you are well and very happy. I know I became a burden to you wit...
    2 years ago
  • - [image: Image result for animated merry christmas images]
    4 years ago
  • Creamy Dill & Salmon - *Prep/Total Time: 30 min. Makes: 6 servings* *1 salmon fillet (about 2 pounds)* *2 teaspoons lemon-pepper seasoning* *1 teaspoon onion salt* *1 ...
    6 years ago

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Food For The Soul

                     Dordogne River ...Beynac , France

You have a right to grieve , to be angry , to cry . You deserve a new dress , a new pair of shoes  or a new haircut . You do not have to answer the door . You are under no obligation to show up unless you want  to . If you want to stay under the covers , or sit naked in the middle of the floor and eat grapes , go right ahead and do it . Never be responsible for the world  if  you forgot to be responsible to yourself.

Confusing , tragic , painful events will come and go . These events cause shifts in our minds and upheavals in our hearts for which we need time to grieve , heal , understand and accept . It is a progress of taking care of one's self. While the brain is clearing , the heart is mending , the body is healing , it may mean taking a break from the regular routine , and moving away from the routine people . Give yourself permission to do whatever is necessary to take care of you . Take a walk . Have a cry . Break a glass . Write a letter to yourself . Pull your dress over your head ! Go ahead , do whatever it takes to help you feel better.

I gave up excusing my own and others' actions . I want to understand myself and others . I open myself  to the ability to understand and forgive . I have the  power to replace chaos with calm . I balance and harmonize the four aspects of my being .

I listen to the voices of my inner selves . I love and except all of myself. I take the time to listen to myself and others in order to better understand . If  I feel judgmental toward someone , I walk in their shoes for a moment .
But hey ... that's just me .

2 comments:

Through these open doors you are always welcome