My Blog List

  • - * It's been five years since I have heard from you my friend. You are often on my mind and always in my heart. Wherever you are, I hope you are safe, hea...
    1 week ago
  • CLIMATE CRISIS REPORT - *We now have the clearest picture yet of how different the world is today as a result of human-driven climate change. The most comprehensive report to da...
    2 years ago
  • - *Hello Nee my old friend,* *It's been two years now since I last heard from you. I hope you are well and very happy. I know I became a burden to you wit...
    2 years ago
  • - [image: Image result for animated merry christmas images]
    4 years ago
  • Creamy Dill & Salmon - *Prep/Total Time: 30 min. Makes: 6 servings* *1 salmon fillet (about 2 pounds)* *2 teaspoons lemon-pepper seasoning* *1 teaspoon onion salt* *1 ...
    6 years ago

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Cranberry-Orange Shortbread


Ingredients:
  • 1 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
  • 1/2 cup granulated sugar
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1/2 cup dried cranberries, chopped
  • 2 tsp finely grated orange peel

Directions:
Preheat oven to 300F (150C). In a medium bowl, using an electric mixer or wooden spoon, beat butter until creamy. Gradually beat in sugar and vanilla. Continue beating until well mixed, about 2 min. Measure out 1/2 cup (125 mL) dried cranberries, then chop. Stir into flour with 2 tsp (10 mL) finely grated orange peel. In a small bowl, using a fork, stir salt into flour until mixed. Using a wooden spoon, beat into the butter mixture just until combined.

  • Using floured hands, pinch off about 1 tbsp (15 mL), then roll into a ball. Place on an oiled baking sheet at least 2 in. (5 cm) apart. Press a dried cranberry into top of cookie. Repeat. Bake 25 to 30 min. Store in an airtight container in a cool place up to 1 week or freeze up to 1 month
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Through these open doors you are always welcome