My Blog List

  • - * It's been five years since I have heard from you my friend. You are often on my mind and always in my heart. Wherever you are, I hope you are safe, hea...
    1 week ago
  • CLIMATE CRISIS REPORT - *We now have the clearest picture yet of how different the world is today as a result of human-driven climate change. The most comprehensive report to da...
    2 years ago
  • - *Hello Nee my old friend,* *It's been two years now since I last heard from you. I hope you are well and very happy. I know I became a burden to you wit...
    2 years ago
  • - [image: Image result for animated merry christmas images]
    4 years ago
  • Creamy Dill & Salmon - *Prep/Total Time: 30 min. Makes: 6 servings* *1 salmon fillet (about 2 pounds)* *2 teaspoons lemon-pepper seasoning* *1 teaspoon onion salt* *1 ...
    6 years ago

Thursday, November 3, 2011

Ask Maxy

Dear Maxy ,
I 'm in love with a fragrance that my husband does not like . I purchased this $100 perfume with him in mind , and when I wore it the first time his face said it all ; He was absolutely disgusted .
I want to spray it on everyday , but I feel a little selfish . Am I thinking to hard about this , or do I have a right to flaunt my new purchase ? My initial thought; Why doesn't he buy me som perfume ?
Dorothy
Dear Dorothy ,
I don't think you need to throw away the fragrance , but I wouldn't suggest that you wear it  daily . If your husband truly dislikes it , you will be sending a rather direct message to him that you don't care what he thinks . Fragrance is , in part , a signature for people , but  it's also something that is used to attract others . If he remains repulsed by it , you will have to decide what's more important . Your dec ision will tell you a lot about how you value your relationship . So pay attention.
Maxy

Dear Maxy,
My wife and I are both 80 . For our entire married life , I have handled our finances . I am now , at this late date , quite c oncerned as how to manage if I were to die before her . Who do I talk to about asisting a survivor with many details resulting from a spouse's passing ?
Husband
Dear Husband,
Too many married couples wait until a spouse dies before being bothered about these things . While we commend you thinking of it in advance , please start now to prepare your wife for the possibility tha she will have to deal with the finances. Make sure her name is on all the accounts  and she knows where your assets are . She also should have credits in her name . You can find suggestions and information through  aarp.org , and you maight also want to hire a financial  adviser who will help her navigate the waters .
Maxy

Dear Maxy,
I got  lured into a scam on the Internet and I'm so upset , I was working and surfng  and a pop-up quiz showed up . It was a brainteaser , and I happily particpated . The next thing  you know , my cell phone was being billed $9.99 a month for a subscription  I absolutely did not ask for . I have written back with "STOP" each time something  pops up , as suggested by the messages , but the prompts keep coming . I'm worried my phone bill is going to skyrocket. What can I do to prevent this from happening ?
Alex
Dear Alex ,
This is a very profitable trap that many people fall into unknowingly . The good news is you can call your carrier and explain what happened. Ask the company not to honor the subscription . Explain that once you realized what it was , you canceled the subscription immediately.
Maxy

2 comments:

  1. Good luck with that Alex. It might work. Been there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I ben there too , it do take a long time , so I ignore all pop-ups.

    ReplyDelete

Through these open doors you are always welcome