My Blog List

  • - * It's been five years since I have heard from you my friend. You are often on my mind and always in my heart. Wherever you are, I hope you are safe, hea...
    1 week ago
  • CLIMATE CRISIS REPORT - *We now have the clearest picture yet of how different the world is today as a result of human-driven climate change. The most comprehensive report to da...
    2 years ago
  • - *Hello Nee my old friend,* *It's been two years now since I last heard from you. I hope you are well and very happy. I know I became a burden to you wit...
    2 years ago
  • - [image: Image result for animated merry christmas images]
    4 years ago
  • Creamy Dill & Salmon - *Prep/Total Time: 30 min. Makes: 6 servings* *1 salmon fillet (about 2 pounds)* *2 teaspoons lemon-pepper seasoning* *1 teaspoon onion salt* *1 ...
    6 years ago

Thursday, November 10, 2011

Ask Maxy

Dear Maxy,
I have a year-old son whom that I love more than anything in the world . My girlfriend , "Karen" and I are trying are trying to be goos parents .
The problem is , Karen and I have broken up several times due to arguments that got out of control . She has a terrible temper . Usually , a month after our breakups , she pulls out all stops to get me back .
Since our son's birth , we've stuck together fight . Twice , Karen  has threathened to take our son and leave.
The fighting is wearing me down . I have considered proposing because I know it will make her happy . And she really is a great mother . But as soon as I consider finding a ring , we end up having another ridiculous fight .
I suggested counseling , although she has agreed , I can't get her to scheduled anything .
Should our son be exposed to our constant fighting and the possibility of a split , or is it better for him to grow up with separated parents who can be civil toward each other ?
Balancing on a Cliff
Dear Cliff,
It's better for kids to grow up in a stable environment with two committed , loving parents . There is still a chance that you can achieve this , but it will require counseling . Don't wait for Karen to schedule an appointment . She is too afraid that a counselor will blame her for all your troubles , and you should assure her that this is not what a good counselor does .
Make an appointment on your own , and ask her to be there . If she refuses , please go without her .
Maxy

Dear Maxy,
All I want to do is get a job so I can have food on the table to feed my family.
Yet , every time I fill out an application , they ask  college . If I don't check the box that says I went to college or intend to go , I don't hear from them .
I am retired and need some extra money because my sons can't find work and they are living at home , along with my granddaughter.
My wife is already working 60 hours a week . How am I going to support all of them if I can't get some extra money ?
Proud Vet Who Can't Find Work
Dear Vet,
You seems to be searching in the wrong places . Many jobs do not require a college degree. While the job market is tight right now , please check out these suggested websites for seniors and retirees who need assistance or training :
retirementjobs.com  ... workforce50.com  ... experienceworks.org .
I hope one of them will steer you in the right direction . Good Luck .

Dear Maxy,
I had a big blowup with my assistant  last week , because she did a thousand things that was sloppy and cost our department a lot of time and money . Later ,with cooler heads , we talked again , and I pointed out what I expect of her to do her job effectively . This week , she has shown no sighs of improvement . She seems to have an attitude  now whenever I ask her to do anything . I was hoping she would rise to the occasion . What can I do to get her to try harder ?
Bev
Dear Bev,
Meet with your assistant and ask her how she's doing . Find out if she thinks she has the tools she needs to do her job effectively , including the knowhow . Ask what you can do to help her improve. Listen carefully , as she probably has a very different perspective about the situation than you do .
Maxy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Through these open doors you are always welcome