My Blog List

  • CLIMATE CRISIS REPORT - *We now have the clearest picture yet of how different the world is today as a result of human-driven climate change. The most comprehensive report to da...
    2 years ago
  • - *Hello Nee my old friend,* *It's been two years now since I last heard from you. I hope you are well and very happy. I know I became a burden to you wit...
    2 years ago
  • - *YOU are gone from my sight but never from my heart. Rather than mourn your absence, I will be grateful for the friendship that we shared for more than ...
    4 years ago
  • - [image: Image result for animated merry christmas images]
    4 years ago
  • Creamy Dill & Salmon - *Prep/Total Time: 30 min. Makes: 6 servings* *1 salmon fillet (about 2 pounds)* *2 teaspoons lemon-pepper seasoning* *1 teaspoon onion salt* *1 ...
    6 years ago

Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Turkey pot Pie....From my comfort Food List

Turkey Pot Pie

Don't want to cook a turkey at Easter? Well this turkey pot pie is a foolproof, pretty simple and nourishing Canadian comfort food for a chilly Easter day. I always buy prepared puff pastry from my supermarket because I am not good with pastries. And I just use canned mushroom soup and Cambell's boxed prepared chicken broth for a base. Easy and hard to mess up even for a novice cook.


Ingredients:

2 tbsp (30 mL) butter
1/2 onion, chopped
2 celery ribs, sliced
1 medium large sized orange sweet potato/yam peeled and sliced
1 small red pepper chopped
1  parsnip, peeled and sliced
2 tbsp (30 mL) fresh sage, chopped
1/4 tsp (1 mL) ground black pepper
1 can (284 mL) CAMPBELL'S ( or other brand ) Condensed Low Fat Cream of Mushroom Soup
3/4 cup (185 mL) Chicken broth (home made, frozen or ready to use packaged)
3 cups (750 mL) cooked turkey, shredded
1/2 cup (125 mL) corn
1/2 cup (125 mL) peas
salt to taste
1 sheet (8 oz/225 g)  packaged, frozen, pre-rolled puff pastry, thawed (about 10-inch/25 cm square)
(I usually throw in half a dozen large sliced mushrooms also but it's optional)


Directions:

1. Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C). Melt butter in a large skillet set over medium-high heat. Add onion, celery, sweet potato, parsnip, sage and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until vegetables are softened.
2. Reduce heat to low. Add soup and broth. Cook, stirring constantly, for 5 minutes or so, until simmering. Continue to simmer another 5/6 minutes.  Stir in turkey, corn, peas mushrooms and pepper. Scrape into an 8-inch (2 L) square-baking dish.
3. Drape puff pastry over the dish and press gently to adhere. Cut small slits in the center of the pastry to allow steam to escape during baking. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until filling is bubbling and pastry is golden brown.

Come and get it while it's hot! Happy Easter Everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Through these open doors you are always welcome