My Blog List

  • CLIMATE CRISIS REPORT - *We now have the clearest picture yet of how different the world is today as a result of human-driven climate change. The most comprehensive report to da...
    2 years ago
  • - *Hello Nee my old friend,* *It's been two years now since I last heard from you. I hope you are well and very happy. I know I became a burden to you wit...
    2 years ago
  • - *YOU are gone from my sight but never from my heart. Rather than mourn your absence, I will be grateful for the friendship that we shared for more than ...
    4 years ago
  • - [image: Image result for animated merry christmas images]
    4 years ago
  • Creamy Dill & Salmon - *Prep/Total Time: 30 min. Makes: 6 servings* *1 salmon fillet (about 2 pounds)* *2 teaspoons lemon-pepper seasoning* *1 teaspoon onion salt* *1 ...
    6 years ago

Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Beautiful Halls and Vestibules

Looking to transform a lacklustre hallway into a stunning corridor? Draw your inspiration from these stunning ideas..

Black hallway with table and lamps, Kimberley Seldon
A bold and daring color like charcoal is outstanding. Notice that the ceiling is also painted
A spectacular wall decoration and beautiful lighting can't fail
Hallway, tall mirror, small side table, yellow door
A very tall mirror makes the ceiling look higher and the hall look bigger
A large bright light fixture helps expand the space also
Vintage console front entryway
If your hall is very narrow, A shelf with fancy brackets can serve as a console
And baskets underneath are great storage for hats, scarves and gloves.  This is a good alternative if you are on a budget like most of us. 
book storage, home decor
If you have a wider hallway, shelves can be valuable storage on blank un-used walls
It makes a great library. I have used this idea myself. I also used the wood strips on the opposite wall
and added ornate, very old coat hooks that I found at  an antique fair
 A hall console made from an old sewing machine stand with a plank on top
Looks great in this industrial loft setting. If you like industrial, you can make a base out of any old piece of machinery or discarded furniture and put a nice finished piece of wood on top. I saw a great console made from an old tire stand and have seen one constructed from old copper plumbing pipes.
Smart-Storage-wooden-hallway-recess-light-switch-glass-staircase
 A huge mirror appears to double the space and reflects the daylight
down a dim corridor. And guess what? Wallpaper is back. Get a bright, simple design and vinyl wallpaper resists fingerprints and scuff marks.
Stark white walls enlarge any space.  The wainscoting  softens the look and a hall runner warms it up. And this rustic console with bright blue and green accessories is a spectacular focal point in a boring space. You could stack small old suitcases below for storage of phonebooks or photos.
The coat rack was made from old industrial spools and a bench can be made from the base of an old coffee table at your local thrift shop. Just make sure it is solid and can take some weight on it. You can't have too many baskets. You will be amazed how fast they fill up.

2 comments:

  1. All Great ideas for people with smaller homes .
    I really like the first picture and the book shelf in the hall .
    It reminds me of the one Gil built in the laundry - work room for the cubs , they still have their smaller ones in their bedrooms .
    Now the second picture ... I like it but the dust catcher has to go ... I am alleragic to dust .

    Where is the sluty brides Hahahaha .

    good post luv PIC

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got positive feedback already on the hall décor post. I Am allergic to dust also..hahahaha!

    I still have the slutty brides . But some of the pictures very revealing. What the hell were those girls thinking?

    At least they got guts.
    Luv PIC

    ReplyDelete

Through these open doors you are always welcome